Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Routine  (Read 3139 times)

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
Re: Routine
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2018, 07:15:57 AM »
It's black and the porcelain has heat damage. But it's a beater so really doesn't matter

Homerdog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »
I always open an ice cold beer after lighting the chimney.

deans6571

• WKC Brave
    • Twitter Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2018, 04:00:59 AM »
...is there any benefit to having the charcoal either on the left side or the right side of the charcoal grill as opposed to the middle (I pour my charcoal into charcoal baskets which are centred underneath my cooking grill, so I cook everything indirectly around the perimeter of the cooking grill and then sear over the middle part of the grill, at the end)?

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2018, 04:11:59 AM »
I learned that with my Sn’S  and Drip’n Griddle that I have to Always place my Sn’S on the right side of my MT grill when using the rotisserie. MY Weber roti motor turns clockwise with the motor on the back of the kettle, as it turns chicken drippings sort of climb UP the bottom left of the bird and fall down away from the coals onto the drip pan.
If you don’t pay attention to this you end up with chicken fat being dropped into your coals causing smoke and flare-ups.
Some other types of roti motors can be bump stalled to reverse the direction !
So from now on.. my Sn’S or coals always sits on the right hand side of my grill!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2018, 05:05:03 AM »
...is there any benefit to having the charcoal either on the left side or the right side of the charcoal grill as opposed to the middle (I pour my charcoal into charcoal baskets which are centred underneath my cooking grill, so I cook everything indirectly around the perimeter of the cooking grill and then sear over the middle part of the grill, at the end)?

Dealer’s choice, with placement of food usually being paramount. Larger pieces might not fit well around the perimeter for example. With a 2 zone setup, coals off to one side, it’s easier to create a temp difference, especially if it’s ONE large basket.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2018, 07:26:34 AM »
For grilling, I'm a Vortex and Gourmet grill kinda guy, placing the product around the perimeter.
If I'm rotissing, then the V gets put aside, a drip pan in the middle, and coals on either side of it.
If I'm smoking, I use the EZ with a snake.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.