Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Favorite bbq sauce?  (Read 3361 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Re: Favorite bbq sauce?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 12:48:48 PM »
Blues Hog is good. And believe it or not, the Wal-Mart here had some stuff, kind of runny, but was called Head Country. Tasted good.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 01:33:53 PM »
Any sauce that doesn't use high fructose corn syrup.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 01:50:14 PM »
Agree!!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 03:12:03 PM »

I am a big fan of Stubb's, but it's hard to find up here in Canada.

First time seeing this stuff at Costco this year.  Canadian made, and it's excellent.  Two bottles for $6.  A good deal, IMO.

Aptly named ...  :D

IMG_0419.jpg" border="0
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Favorite bbq sauce?
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 04:45:08 PM »
I am partial to Stick Fingers (local chain) Carolina Classic. It is sold in grocery stores nation wide and it is a really good mustard based sauce. You can buy it online as well: https://www.stickyfingers.com/product/sticky-fingers-bbq-sauce-carolina-classic/
Their Sweet Southern Heat is also good if you like some spice in your sauce.

Yes !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 04:50:32 PM »
Riley’s Smokin’ Sweet Heat

Made by a local guy here in Chicago; it’s in a few stores and available online.

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 05:55:24 PM »
Maull's, Gates, Rendezvous, Corky's, and, for chicken, I once in a while get in a mood for Open Pit regular. There are several others that I like, and there are a few that I really dislike.
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 06:38:02 PM »

Any sauce that doesn't use high fructose corn syrup.
this.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »
No favorites. Grew up with Maull's original, and so that's BBQ sauce for me. My dad bought "some Maull's" for me and it turned out he bought KC style. Wait, what???

Anyway, I like anything from Gourmet Warehouse (their Cherry Jalapeño is awesome) I also currently have Jack Daniels KC-style in the fridge and also a Kona coffee style from King's Hawaiian that's really interesting.

I'm also a fan of Carolina style yellow sauces.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »
Maull's, Gates, Rendezvous, Corky's, and, for chicken, I once in a while get in a mood for Open Pit regular. There are several others that I like, and there are a few that I really dislike.

Alright, I'll bite: what do you dislike?

As a side note: the Open Pit regular reminds me of the BBQ sauce served at the Foster Farms Restaurants where I grew up (before they downsized and changed the name to: "The Chicken Barn"). I don't think its the exact same sauce as Open Pit (but it's eerily close...a little sweeter/maybe more ketchup?); i'll say as a kid you don't forget those flavors. Mixed with fried chicken or fried potatoes (spuds)...man...just take me away.

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 09:52:24 PM »

Alright, I'll bite: what do you dislike?

As a side note: the Open Pit regular reminds me of the BBQ sauce served at the Foster Farms Restaurants where I grew up (before they downsized and changed the name to: "The Chicken Barn"). I don't think its the exact same sauce as Open Pit (but it's eerily close...a little sweeter/maybe more ketchup?); i'll say as a kid you don't forget those flavors. Mixed with fried chicken or fried potatoes (spuds)...man...just take me away.

Dislike: Sweet Baby Ray, Blues Hog, Rufus Teague, Bone Suckin' Sauce, K.C. Masterpiece, some others. Those all have their devotees, but I just don't like them. Anyone else have ones they dislike?
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 10:28:16 PM »

Dislike: Sweet Baby Ray, Blues Hog, Rufus Teague, Bone Suckin' Sauce, K.C. Masterpiece, some others. Those all have their devotees, but I just don't like them. Anyone else have ones they dislike?

Hunt's, Kraft, K.C. Masterpiece, Sweet Baby Ray's. To me the first two are similar and the later two are (to a point) as well. I grew up on Kraft and K.C. Masterpiece. Kraft on chicken legs is a holiday cookout from my early youth. Likewise, K.C. Masterpiece on (or in) hamburgers take me back. I joke with my dad about flavors from the past. He says that I make a caliber of stuff that he'd never dreamed of creating back in the 80's. That always makes me smile.

I don't mind Blues Hog too much...but straight it tastes like overly-sweetened A-1 steak sauce to me. Cut it and its ok.

AgentSmith

• Smokey Joe
Favorite bbq sauce?
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2018, 11:02:40 PM »
My favourite changes every so often. The current one being ‘Red’s Devil Wing Sauce’. (It’s a sauce from a UK bbq restaurant)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 11:07:11 PM by AgentSmith »

Jon Tofte

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 07:14:40 AM »
Head Country mentioned above is a great “straight up” bbq sauce. Not hot, not too sweet, just really good. I also like sweet sauce, and my personal favorite is The Shed Southern Sweet. Sonny’s Sweet sauce is my wife’s favorite and always a reliable choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Custom Platinum One Touc, Red Patent Pending "Aristocrat" 26, Red 22 MBH, Black '00 Flat-top 26, Black 22 MBH, and '74 Black "49'er" 18. And too many projects!

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
My wife made this sauce to go along with some chicken thighs & drums I was grilling a few years ago. Now anytime she asks me what I want for dinner, I shout this one out before she can even finish the question.

It’ll stink up your kitchen (a good stink, but still), so if you have a gasser with a side burner, I’d suggest cooking it in a pot outside.

Hands-down my favorite BBQ sauce. Quite possibly my favorite food.

www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-or-steak-with-balsamic-bbq-sauce-recipe-1953568.amp

-Jed
-Jed