Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Monsoon Lamb  (Read 974 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Monsoon Lamb
« on: July 11, 2018, 08:11:19 PM »
Found some beautiful lamb blade steaks for dinner.  My wife made a great marinade for them.  Prepared the veggies and was ready to cook.  Was lighting the fire which was RO lump left over from a previous rib cook that I will post later.  I looked up at the sky and saw a storm coming.  I could not just stop. I had all this food ready and had to cook it and I was really hungry.  I was determined to get it done.  Started with the veggies as the wind started kicking up.  Around here in Arizona the monsoon storms move in fast and can be very intense.  Usually you get wind then a dust storm and then a torrential downpour.  I finished the veggies and started with the meat.  Minute by minute the storm intensified but I pushed on.  I rolled the kettle under the porch roof and cooked on flipping the steaks and sipping my beer.  I had to cook the meat in two batches.  At the middle of the first batch it was raining sideways. The second batch was about 75% cooked when I saw lighting striking to close for comfort I ended my adventure.  This meal turned out so good that is was worth every minute of my efforts.  Man was that fun!

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Monsoon Lamb
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 02:16:01 AM »
Beautiful cook, not sure who arranged the skewers but they must be related to my wife, hers are always perfectly arranged too. I don't do lightning very well, survived a direct hit 42 years ago still scares the crap out of me.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 07:45:45 AM »
That all looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 08:49:36 PM »
Those skewers look deliscious!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bud

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 09:12:54 AM »
Nice looking lamb cook Dave.  Way to stick with the weather.  Looks good.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 10:53:37 AM »
Nice looking lamb cook Dave.  Way to stick with the weather.  Looks good.

Thanks Bud!  Also welcome to the club.  Head on over to the Introduce Yourself thread and say hello!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »
Beautiful cook, not sure who arranged the skewers but they must be related to my wife, hers are always perfectly arranged too. I don't do lightning very well, survived a direct hit 42 years ago still scares the crap out of me.

I arranged the skewers.  I can be very meticulous.  I believe food is a visual as well as taste experience.