Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Neighbor wants advice on new gasser  (Read 2003 times)

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
Neighbor wants advice on new gasser
« on: June 14, 2018, 03:20:51 AM »
My neighbor's char-broil gasser crapped out yesterday, so he asked for my recommendation.  My advice was to find an older US-made Genesis on CL, but he's not much of a hunter/tinkerer.  What's the consensus on Weber's new gassers?  Any models to avoid?
Thanks in advance
Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
Re: Neighbor wants advice on new gasser
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 04:09:00 AM »
Any weber.
 I'm strictly a charcoal burner, but I really like my Q Grills. The 3200 is excellent and I just did a pork tenderloin @low temp on the ''warming rack with apricot wood
And reversed seared it on the cast iron grate. Yummy!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 05:44:56 AM »
A performer. It has gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 06:22:28 AM »
A performer. It has gas.

Right on!   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 06:30:21 AM »
A performer. It has gas.

Right on!   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X3!

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 06:42:48 AM »
DrewZ  convince him to buy a NEW any model Weber.
 I was at a weber dealer checking out all the goodies when I seen a gasser with no price on it?
 Another customer and his wife were also looking at it. He found the price and it was $499. Usual response was like '' no way I'm paying that much ect''.
I said (poorfolks speaking here) I think that's cheap! Basicly told him (like I tell other cheapskates) If you buy a cheap grill what do you have after 10 years?
 The cheap grills are actually way more expensive after you buy 2 or 3 of them plus TAX a number of times.
His wife said ''how old is our grill?''. He said 6 years.
So why is he looking to replace a 6 year old POS grill?
Case closed.

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »
^^^ this. I love my charcoal but what gets most usage at my house, and by that I mean almost daily in the summer and 3x a week in cold weather is my gasser. I was working from home Monday and took a break to get dinner prepping. Had some tomatoes on the counter that needed to do something so elected to make chicken Tinga tostadas. Popped those whole tomatoes on the gasser to char a bit before prepping the other stuff and I was back at my computer in the time I took for lunch - in addition to actually make my my lunch! I really wouldn’t have done this on coals, although the flavor would be awesome, because it was a spur of the moment thing. I turned the grill on then turned it off when I was done.

I have had this Genesis for nearly 20 years. Prior to having it, we had owned several gas grills and we would only get a couple years out of them. If it were to get sucked away in a tornado tomorrow - And despite extensive searching I could not locate it- I would go out and buy another in a heartbeat. I buy replacement flavorizers about every 3-4 years or so.

Because I have some experience with them, I’d be inclined to replace it with a used one if I could find one fast enough. But if not, I’d go buy a new Weber gasser in my favorite color and post proud momma photos on my Facebook. Lol.

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 12:18:36 PM »
^^^

I have had this Genesis for nearly 20 years. Prior to having it, we had owned several gas grills and we would only get a couple years out of them.

X2!!

Appwsmsmkr1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 06:30:08 PM »
Buy once, cry once lol.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

dan2125

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 02:12:57 PM »
My Genesis is about 25 years old and is going to be making burgers tonight!