Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Father’s day cooks?  (Read 3213 times)

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
Father’s day cooks?
« on: June 12, 2018, 02:46:15 PM »
So guys, what are you making for father’s day?

I have invited my kid’s dad (my ex) to visit and my boyfriend, the Honeybun, has to work and ump this weekend so he will be hungry. The girls and I are trying to plan a bbq. I’m going to do a deep dive in the freezer. I just got a new to me car so I can pass down my van to my daughter and contracted for a pergola for my patio so we can actually use it - it faces west and the sun is brutal. And then... my furnace/blower crapped out on me. Well, I had budgeted for the car and pergola. Not for a furnace. Luckily I have a freezer full of meat so we will be eating it down for a bit to help pay for the new furnace.

I shall be living vicariously thru some of you but you all make some interesting cooks and have great ideas so I’m hoping for some inspiration. Cheap inspiration. :)

So, whatcha making??

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Father’s day cooks?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 04:57:31 PM »
Im going to the alemeda county fair on fathers day, dads get in free. And will be there most of the day. Donno if im gonna have anything left in me to cook dinner lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 03:52:24 AM »
Probably be traveling Sunday, to visit my father.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 07:31:14 AM »
I always celebrate it on Saturday. That said...kids are having a bday party in the morning. The afternoon is ribs and chicken on the WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:46:41 PM »
I'll probably make paella again.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Father’s day cooks?
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 06:31:25 PM »
I bought a ribeye roast back at Easter at my local Meijer.   They only put them on sale at Christmas and Easter.  5.99 a pound was too good to pass up.  I’ve been saving it for a special occasion.  Dinner with my dad and brother is just that. 

If prime rib is not in your freezer or budget, steaks are always great Father’s Day meals. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:46:45 AM by michaelmilitello »

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 08:15:06 AM »
Keepin' it simple... wings. And a cocktail. Or 2... :-)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 05:40:11 PM »
Keepin' it simple... wings. And a cocktail. Or 2... :-)
I probably won't have time to grill, but good call on the cocktail!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 05:12:54 AM »
I probably have my priorities wrong but, I bought the house a new blender this week, so first I will make a huge batch of Texas margaritas frozen and begin drinking, I will fire up the ranch because it's a ranch and it's Fathers day. I then will look in the freezer for some protein that has long since been paid for. By the time the protein defrosts I'll be sitting next to my slightly warm ranch because I can no longer stand up. Besides it's Fathers Day I should be able to do what I want! Dinner will be served before midnight maybe.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 05:33:27 AM »
I probably have my priorities wrong but, I bought the house a new blender this week, so first I will make a huge batch of Texas margaritas frozen and begin drinking, I will fire up the ranch because it's a ranch and it's Fathers day. I then will look in the freezer for some protein that has long since been paid for. By the time the protein defrosts I'll be sitting next to my slightly warm ranch because I can no longer stand up. Besides it's Fathers Day I should be able to do what I want! Dinner will be served before midnight maybe.
Best response ever. I fully support this fathers day plan of attack lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 06:12:36 AM »
My plans for the weekend:

Up early tomorrow to mow and trim and clean up the yard.
Clean up the A code faded black
Clean up my Red mist BBK
Clean my new old grill arriving today
Pack my Brownie for shipping out next week
Drink some beers while cleaning grills listening to some tunes.

My mom wants to come for dinner Saturday evening. She is brining steaks, I’m making some St. Louis spares.

Sunday morning is a round of golf with my father in law and his two sons. Then we’ll have some lunch and sit on the front porch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 07:49:50 AM »
Perfect!

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 07:54:38 AM »
I know it sounds weird ... but I’m not cooking on Sunday ! At least nothing big or fancy.
I will be going with my wife as she goes for her KCBS Judge class and I will attend as a refresher, free food ;-) is always good!
Then we will both be judges and we plan to hit as many KCBS contests as we can from here out !
The class is in the middle of the day so if I do get back and we are still hungry then I might throw some sausages on one of the grills.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 07:55:57 AM »

Okay, you win. I like yer plan mo better!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

bstarr3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 10:36:05 PM »
Making my first run at PSB and ABTs tomorrow! A couple of classics

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app