Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2018 Father’s Day cook  (Read 905 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
2018 Father’s Day cook
« on: June 16, 2018, 03:03:24 PM »
Need help. What I’m cooking...

Ribs, spaghetti squash.

I can’t believe I’m asking this but I need help with... with... something with veggies. I normally do some stuffed mushrooms, ABT’s, onion rings. I need something just a little more healthy that I can grill. I have dessert covered grilled pineapple and vanilla ice cream. I just need some type of grilled vegetables or grilled salad.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m Not! NO NEVER! Giving up on bacon, but want to be able to eat it into my 90’s. Someone much more knowledgeable then me told me to cut down a little on meat so I will try.

So if anyone has an idea let me know.

Thanks to all.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 2018 Father’s Day cook
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 03:46:51 PM »
I like sweet peppers, sliced up, light oil and a little seasoning. Then again, I think they’re just as good raw and unseasoned.  Asparagus is also good and easy to do. Corn! Corn is great on the grill.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 03:49:57 PM »
@Schaefd2 turned me on to grilled broccoli. Get the fresh stalks, not frozen florets. You can drip Italian dressing or just a red wine vinegar/olive oil mixture on them and cook straight down, direct. Parmesan cheese optional.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »
Don’t forget, you can also swap out the beef and pork with leaner chicken breast, fishes etc.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 04:15:14 PM »
Don’t forget, you can also swap out the beef and pork with leaner chicken breast, fishes etc.

Lol I eat chicken all the time. Love it, but Father’s Day I WILL have Ribs 😃.  Broccoli sounds good with fresh parmesan.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »
How about baba ghanoush?  Translates to “spoiled dad”. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 04:23:18 PM »

@Schaefd2 turned me on to grilled broccoli. Get the fresh stalks, not frozen florets. You can drip Italian dressing or just a red wine vinegar/olive oil mixture on them and cook straight down, direct. Parmesan cheese optional.
Grilled broccoli is fantastic! I’m glad someone else is enjoying it with me!

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 04:30:03 PM »
How about baba ghanoush?  Translates to “spoiled dad”. [emoji6]

Lmao! I’d go for that. I’ll have what I cook. Just looking for something I won’t get yelled at. Some vegetables would help that out. Let’s look for that. 👀

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 04:41:02 PM »
My fav is grilled asparagus. Olive oil. Salt and pepper. Yum

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 04:53:12 PM »
My fav is grilled asparagus. Olive oil. Salt and pepper. Yum