Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer with the rare kettle-delete option  (Read 2494 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Performer with the rare kettle-delete option
« on: June 05, 2018, 09:33:58 AM »
In the grill’s place is a retired Weber 7513 warming rack and similarly retired grill grate. This is what happens when you’re bored and tired of looking at parts you probably should have gotten rid of instead.

Both grates were briefly (i.e. not completely) cleaned up and then sprayed with black BBQ paint, ‘cause I’m real classy like that.

The 7513 wedges tightly between the original bowl mounting screws, so long as you install the screws after placing the grate on the frame.

It shouldn’t work, and as the pictures reveal, almost does not. The screw heads do however have enough clamping force to lift the entire thing off the ground by the grate (not recommended that YOU try that, but …)

Currently, the top grate is secured by random extra fencing hot wire (it’s like baling wire, but aluminum or SS) wrapped around it. I positioned it to slightly rest on the table, which also levels the grate.

It goes without saying that at least 16 of you instantly know how to obviously improve this. Fender washers, bolts, straps … or completely new and longer table top to replace it all, and so on.

As for me, I finally have a dedicated prep table, and it's mobile.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Performer with the rare kettle-delete option
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »
Love it,
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 10:54:39 AM »
Do you think the grate handles will get in your way?  Could you mount the grate upside down rotating the grate 90 degrees?  This is cool.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 10:54:42 AM »

That's grate, pun intended.

The Weber Potting Table, part of the Weber line of garden products which includes torches, bug zappers and flower/herb pots (popular in CO and CA)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dude, relax your chicken.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 12:01:36 PM »
You're a genius!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 01:15:11 PM »

That's grate, pun intended.

The Weber Potting Table, part of the Weber line of garden products which includes torches, bug zappers and flower/herb pots (popular in CO and CA)

That explains it! I was having a helluva time flipping burgers with any of these it came with!

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »
Couple of those tools are great as a pulled pork claw.  Not sure if NSF certified though. Maybe topsoil certified.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 02:30:23 PM »

That's subgenius to you!
I just checked and apparently there's no such thing as a sub-species of genius. All geniuses are created equal.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 03:45:24 PM »
I'm really liking this.

What about using two grates, flipped and at 90 degrees?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dude, relax your chicken.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 04:42:31 PM »
Do you think the grate handles will get in your way?  Could you mount the grate upside down rotating the grate 90 degrees?  This is cool.

Sorry Brandon, forgot about your question. I don't know if the handles get in the way, as I ran headlong to WKC to post pictures and have not yet used it as a "table" per se. Perhaps the grate handles help keep trays from sliding off? It's not a bug, it's a feature. Yeah, that's it.

I will also note that with the top grate installed as pictured, there's nothing from keeping it from flipping up left when weight is placed on the left area, left of the 7513. So don't put stuff only there. (See above, re: obvious improvements and so on.)

Mine's a flip grate, so there's no mounting it upside down without "losing" part of the table with the flips falling down or lashed up. Otherwise, yeah.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 04:44:54 PM »
I'm really liking this.

What about using two grates, flipped and at 90 degrees?

Only if the non-7513 piece is another gasser grate, or a 26's grate.

A 22's grate doesn't have enough diameter to reach the frame sides, ya know?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 07:03:24 PM »
I dig it. You should list it on eBay for $900 and see what happens. It it a rare piece you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.