Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Howdy from NE TN  (Read 1265 times)

rentalguy1

• Happy Cooker
Howdy from NE TN
« on: June 04, 2018, 06:42:36 PM »
My Char Broil combo with smoke box gave up the ghost at some point over the winter. When I removed the cover a few days ago it was DOA. It lasted almost 7 years. I'll miss that 2 ton behemoth. I've been researching grills like crazy since and I seriously considered a BGE, but spending $1200 for something that I may use twice a week on average was hard to justify. I also like having the gas option for grilling a quick burger or chicken breast. I ended up pulling the trigger on a 22" original kettle and a Spirit II 2 burner gas model today. For both grills, a cover for each, and a few other new accessories I still spent less than half the cost of a BGE. I plan on using the savings to build an island to house both grills and a mini fridge.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Howdy from NE TN
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 06:45:48 PM »
Sounds like a plan! Welcome to WKC.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 07:54:12 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 09:02:58 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. Sounds like a great plan.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 07:37:52 PM »
Grate group of folks in this forum and they are always willing to help you out. Welcome from St. Louis!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 04:39:27 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.