Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Pizza Kits  (Read 2189 times)

crizpynutz

• Smokey Joe
Kettle Pizza Kits
« on: June 01, 2018, 06:10:19 AM »
One of the things I'm most excited about is making woodfired pizza on my new Weber Original Premium Kettle.  Naturally I am doing my research before venturing and it seems like I want to invest in the two following kits:

My question, is, are both really needed and how much of a difference do they make?  If you read online, it seems like the KettlePizza Oven Kit is nearly a must.  The thing is, for both kits you are talking like $280 USD.  That's 2x the cost of the actual grill.  Just looking for those with thoughts on trying it without the kits, or which kit is really more important?  I have a wooden pizza peel that I use inside the house.....

Thanks for any comments, thoughts and suggestions in advance.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Kettle Pizza Kits
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 08:11:12 AM »

Just looking for those with thoughts on trying it without the kits, or which kit is really more important?

I think there are lots of different opinions    ;)

Two weeks earlier, I would have sent my KettlePizza to you, but I just sold it for a song with a spare parts copper kettle (read downsizing)

Here's my opinion - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/evidently-the-answer-is-five/msg282696/#msg282696

And still, if you can bring yourself to do it, my favorite is a cut up lid    :o

Dude, relax your chicken.

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 07:15:09 AM »
I have KettlePizza Deluxe Kit and can sell if you are still looking , please PM me @crizpynutz
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 10:16:33 AM »
One of the things I'm most excited about is making woodfired pizza on my new Weber Original Premium Kettle.  Naturally I am doing my research before venturing and it seems like I want to invest in the two following kits:

My question, is, are both really needed and how much of a difference do they make?  If you read online, it seems like the KettlePizza Oven Kit is nearly a must.  The thing is, for both kits you are talking like $280 USD.  That's 2x the cost of the actual grill.  Just looking for those with thoughts on trying it without the kits, or which kit is really more important?  I have a wooden pizza peel that I use inside the house.....

Thanks for any comments, thoughts and suggestions in advance.
Pizza que attachment for the kettle is what I have (it was gifted to me).  It works well and is inexpensive. 

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

crizpynutz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 09:10:32 AM »

Just looking for those with thoughts on trying it without the kits, or which kit is really more important?

I think there are lots of different opinions    ;)

Two weeks earlier, I would have sent my KettlePizza to you, but I just sold it for a song with a spare parts copper kettle (read downsizing)

Here's my opinion - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/evidently-the-answer-is-five/msg282696/#msg282696

And still, if you can bring yourself to do it, my favorite is a cut up lid    :o

Thanks and great read on the linked thread!

crizpynutz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 09:11:00 AM »
I have KettlePizza Deluxe Kit and can sell if you are still looking , please PM me @crizpynutz

I'll let you know if I decide to go that route - thanks!

Stewart

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 11:06:14 AM »
Last night i found an abandoned 22 on the curb in my neighborhood. (No grates, dented, rusted out bottom vents..) I intend to make this one my dedicated pizza kettle.
I have been considering purchasing one of the kettle pizza kits but since i obtained this 22 for zero cost, i'm thinking about cutting the lid.

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 03:40:31 PM »
Cut the lid. Spend a few bucks on hardware to elevate the grate. You won't be sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador