Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow n Sear 2.0  (Read 6871 times)

NATE AG03

• Happy Cooker
Re: Slow n Sear 2.0
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2018, 06:50:38 AM »
For those with a v.1.0, does the warping of the water reservoir affect the functionality (less water?) or is it just aesthetics? 

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Slow n Sear 2.0
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2018, 07:26:54 AM »
I have a S’nS Plus 1.0 and it shows the same warping as everyone else and I don’t have any problems with it.
If the water reservoir is warped smaller then we are only talking about tablespoons of water. This in no way changes how it works or the quality of the product.
I personally like the idea of a 1 piece unit and I don’t need the larger sear area. I pick up my 1.0 Plus to shake the ash out the bottom and then pour the left over coals into the chimney for the next cook. I don’t want to deal with the separate water reservoir as I dump the ash and coals .. but that is just my thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2018, 01:06:04 PM »
D@mn, I didn't even realize that my old original was warped.  I had to get a straightedge out tot make sure.

Based on the products that Dave has been putting out, I'd order one, if my current old one wasn't working so daggone good ! ! !

I am leaning hard towards his new remote thermometer ! ! !  (Thanks, Dave ! )

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2018, 05:13:18 AM »
Nice Father's Day Present For Me.

It's Going In The Ivory.

Looking Forward To Doing A Video Review :)

@JEBIV you're a good man to suggest this to the wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1r8Ej_GRCQ
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM