Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow n Sear 2.0  (Read 6851 times)

bbqmike

• Happy Cooker
Re: Slow n Sear 2.0
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 04:55:55 PM »
Then why is the slow and sear 2.0 the same price as the old Slow and Sear plus? If the this is a cheaper steel then why the same price?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 05:21:14 PM »
Then why is the slow and sear 2.0 the same price as the old Slow and Sear plus? If the this is a cheaper steel then why the same price?

More PROFIT!

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Slow n Sear 2.0
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 05:50:18 PM »

That’s a very good question. I really think there are some cost/manufacturing variables at play. That said, I would like to see this as a cheaper alternative to the 304 Stainless SNS lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 06:13:55 PM by Mike in Roseville »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 06:41:27 PM »
OK!////////////// @ABCbarbecue . Let us know!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 07:03:02 PM »
Lots of good comments here, and I know change is always treated like it's... change.  Here are the facts.

I have spent 3 years trying to improve the design of the original Slow 'N Sear, reduce cost, and improve our capacity to manufacture.

Over the last 3 years our costs have continually gone UP though we have kept the price the same.

The Slow 'N Sear 2.0 offers the following improvements:

20% more water capacity in the reservoir
30% more sear zone with the reservoir removed
Reduced ash buildup in the charcoal basket due to an improved bottom plate pattern
Reduced warping due to overbored rivet assembly that allows for flex during high heat cooks

We did make a change to 430 SS, which is a bit cheaper than 304 SS, however, we use the SAME GAUGE of metal, which is what's most critical.  Both metals have the same coefficient of expansion when heated and the same melting point.  430 SS actually melts at a little higher temp.

The new Slow 'N Sear has the same 10 year warranty as the old Slow 'N Sear and is made of MUCH higher quality material than the porcelain enabled carbon steel lid and bowl of your kettle.  The SnS metal is not the weak link in this equation. 

The new design is better and with time I'm confident you're going to love it as much as I do.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 07:09:42 PM »

Lots of good comments here, and I know change is always treated like it's... change.  Here are the facts.

I have spent 3 years trying to improve the design of the original Slow 'N Sear, reduce cost, and improve our capacity to manufacture.

Over the last 3 years our costs have continually gone UP though we have kept the price the same.

Reduced ash buildup in the charcoal basket due to an improved bottom plate pattern
Reduced warping due to overbored rivet assembly that allows for flex during high heat cooks

We did make a change to 430 SS, which is a bit cheaper than 304 SS, however, we use the SAME GAUGE of metal, which is what's most critical.  Both metals have the same coefficient of expansion when heated and the same melting point.  430 SS actually melts at a little higher temp.

The new Slow 'N Sear has the same 10 year warranty as the old Slow 'N Sear and is made of MUCH higher quality material than the porcelain enabled carbon steel lid and bowl of your kettle.  The SnS metal is not the weak link in this equation. 

The new design is better and with time I'm confident you're going to love it as much as I do.

Very well explained. Sounds like a great product. 

bbqmike

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 07:20:44 PM »
Thank you for the explanation ABCbarbecue and high quality products.

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 07:26:08 PM »

I like the idea of a bigger sear zone.

NATE AG03

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 07:29:54 PM »
-
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:32:35 PM by NATE AG03 »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 07:52:55 PM »
@ABCbarbecue ,  thank you for the explanation.

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 07:56:44 PM »
@ABCbarbecue ,  thank you for the explanation.
+1

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SacramentoWeber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »
I’m sold. I’m picking one up.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 01:03:32 AM »
@ABCbarbecue Thanks for taking the time to respond. Good to hear it is the same guage.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 05:17:28 AM »
Yes, as the others have said, thanks Dave for weighing in. We're a picky and cautious crowd here, but I suspect you already knew that! :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 05:30:49 AM »