Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New to forum and Weber grills  (Read 1501 times)

Dave12678

• Happy Cooker
New to forum and Weber grills
« on: May 26, 2018, 05:45:29 PM »
Hello guys,.

I had a neighbor who was throwing out and old Weber 900 gas grill I believe.  The things in rough shape but I asked if I could have the grill. 

I started tearing the thing down and noticed the porcelain is faded on top but there is barely any rust on the frame and box.  Is there a way to polish the porcelain up?  Also where do you find parts for a good price?  I know I need burners, vavles, and heat shield or covers. 

Thanks everyone!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: New to forum and Weber grills
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 06:17:17 PM »
You need valves, really? Have you run any gas through it?

Weber (call them) usually ships for a flat rate and with competitive prices. Searching for parts online will reveal some places. I like grillparts.com

The top is likely dirty, the color, if faded, can’t be polished per se.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Dave12678

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 07:12:32 PM »
I take some pics in the morning.  The back burner valve couldn't be turned so I spray penetrating oil on the valve so we will see. 

Is there a chance of repainting the outside of the grill?

Thanks for the reply!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 04:34:59 AM »
Hello and welcome from Northeast Ohio!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

putoluto

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 07:55:40 AM »
Hi Dave, and welcome from South OC!

Where ya from?

There are great videos on here and YouTube about how to clean up grills. Depending on what the material is, and how the painted surface was applied (paint, baked on, enameled, etc., you may have options to restore some of that luster to the outside.

FuzzyMan88

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 10:10:50 AM »
Welcome from Northern Kentucky!