Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mounting to table  (Read 6763 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Mounting to table
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 09:22:59 AM »
Looks sharp.
Had you considered mounting the L brackets from underneath to give the table an unobstructed view?  I'm sure mounting them on top is probably stronger, but maybe a round head bolt through the top, held on by a nut underneath would be strong, and clean looking too?  Either way, nice looking project!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

dirtfishingman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 08:56:22 PM »
I might just do that

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 11:12:09 PM »
I did it in a bit different way (however the top of my table where the kettle is placed is SS, not wood). I took a kind of round SS collar which is exactly fitting the bowl lip

ronjr123

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 01:02:15 AM »
If you do the kettle table again, you might want to look at buy the bottom part of the kettle for the performer series from weber.  Where the handles are on the model you used, they have brackets in place to screw it the the performer frame.  The part number for the copper one is 65164.  Of course that may cost more in parts, but might be a cleaner install of you are selling these tables.

jeremiahmercier

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 03:04:47 PM »
Reviving an older thread, my wife really likes this style table, may even use copper kettles as well, but have my mind on the crimson premiums now... Is there any reason just hanging from the handles is a bad idea? Aslo, have any of yall used the rings that you can buy that are specific to mounting a kettle in the wooden tops? I personally like the way the grill sits up some from the top of table with the handles. Also, can you take a pic from underneath looking at the grills if you have time? I'd really appreciate it, just gives me another vantage point to look at for building my setup... otherwise this looks great, awsome job.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 09:50:50 AM »
@Martin75 are you in Czech Republic? I recognized that pic before I saw that it was from grilkrby....

@dirtfishingman beautiful job. Is that Southern Yellow Pine?
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

jeremiahmercier

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 01:48:44 PM »
Do the Lbrackets not scratch the kettle?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2019, 07:12:32 PM »
I did it in a bit different way (however the top of my table where the kettle is placed is SS, not wood). I took a kind of round SS collar which is exactly fitting the bowl lip
I really like how you raised the bowl above the table and you made the table out stainless that is very clean and you added a real nice big side burner that you really cook on. Sweet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app