Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ISO Hose and regulator Original SSP or Repair  (Read 1351 times)

tomweber731

• Smokey Joe
ISO Hose and regulator Original SSP or Repair
« on: May 21, 2018, 10:37:57 AM »
I am in search of regulator/hose assembly for original SSP grill that is in good condition. Part#10402. Must be from original as I understand the propane attachment was revised around 2000. If you don't have a part, do you know where I would go to get the hose replaced?
Thanks

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: ISO Hose and regulator Original SSP or Repair
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 11:13:48 AM »
An RV repair might be able to fix ya. Some BBQ shops/dealers can build new hoses. Napa auto parts in my town builds tubes & hoses for alotashit.

Hank Hill could probly point you in the right direction as well.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
ISO Hose and regulator Original SSP or Repair
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 11:19:40 AM »
I recently threw away 4 ssp regulators not knowing people actually wants them.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 01:28:51 PM »
I recently threw away 4 ssp regulators not knowing people actually wants them.

Someone will always have a need for spare parts. I've got a box of spare parts (and a junk pile  :o :o) that I keep just in case...  8)

Unfortunately, I don't have the part Tom is looking for.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grails ISO: 18 Custom. Red SJ. vintage Glen Blue.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 03:51:42 PM »
I am in search of regulator/hose assembly for original SSP grill that is in good condition. Part#10402. Must be from original as I understand the propane attachment was revised around 2000. If you don't have a part, do you know where I would go to get the hose replaced?
Thanks

Tom, are you still using an ancient tank, or do you have a modern tank that accepts an "Acme" (large connector, goes on OUTSIDE threads)?

You can use one of these (available lots of places) https://www.equipsupply.com/acme-thread-tank-connector?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3InYBRCLARIsAG6bfMRaxl9mYB6ZGmmHBuh4n7MmlzbbrTobrjYA6AjHG26Orou-mQx2xHYaAqTnEALw_wcB

... and whatever adapter might be needed to match it to a regular "BBQ" (low pressure) regulator.

From there, reuse your existing hose and orifice.

... or show us a picture of what's going on.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch