Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: " The Happy Cooker " The Truth  (Read 47732 times)

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
Re: " The Happy Cooker " The Truth
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2018, 09:28:35 AM »
There's a grill for sale near me that's advertised as  "weber style grill".  Can anyone identify if this is a Happy Cooker?  Or what other brand it may be?

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-style-kettle-charcoal/6727482538.html

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2018, 09:38:33 AM »
There's a grill for sale near me that's advertised as  "weber style grill".  Can anyone identify if this is a Happy Cooker?  Or what other brand it may be?

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-style-kettle-charcoal/6727482538.html
Definitely a Happy cooker with the coveted internal ash pan go get her quick @nvandyke
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »
‘Tis a Weber with a Happy Cooker, or Sears IAC.  Could be a Sears kettle(?).  HC’s wood handles were only double rivet, not single screw (as pictured).  HC’s aluminum dampers were stamped flat with small tabs only.  Wheels woulda been rubber tread if it were a wood handled HC. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2018, 01:22:44 PM »
Can anyone identify if this is a Happy Cooker?  Or what other brand it may be?
Looking at the IAC, I’m pretty positive that it’s a Sears kettle.  The IAC is smooth, whereas the HC pan had “waves” in ‘em. 

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2018, 11:31:03 AM »
Happy cookers have 3 side strap's to hold the grates

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »
Yep! I am 100% sure it is a Sears kettle.  brewtownbeatdown is correct on all accounts. TexasOnion is also correct with 3 grate straps instead of 4 on Weber kettles except another version of Weber made for Sears economy kettle without any grate straps and no IAC. HC lid vent, I think is SS and not aluminum like Weber. They are smaller in diameter and duel tabbed. Double rivet HC wood handle shape is different too.

Keith UK

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »
Finally finished restoring mine.  Thanks @Keith UK for the info/pics.

Found ‘er looking like this:

Got ‘er looking like this:

My [emoji521][emoji521][emoji521] family:

What a great job!  I'm jealous, how did you do it?  It's better than new.

Keith

The control knob is indeed a wooden ball painted black black but most of the colour has worn off now.

After sanding the weathered knob, I couldn’t bring myself to paint it black, so:

My brown HC pedestal came from the factory that way, so I feel ok going that route.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2018, 08:43:20 AM »
Another version of the Happy Cooker. This is how i got it and the start of cleaning it

Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
" The Happy Cooker " The Truth
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
Another version of the Happy Cooker. This is how i got it and the start of cleaning it

That should clean up nicely.  It looks like someone got carried away with the black spray paint (white wheels & pedestal “settings” decal painted over)[emoji22].

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2018, 02:49:23 PM »
What a great job!  I'm jealous, how did you do it?  It's better than new.
Keith
Thank you.  I’m the jealous one.  You’ve had yours since it was new and put all the miles on it.

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2020, 01:19:53 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I did not want to open a new one. Is this a happy cooker as well? Is or was for sale in the area.
https://www.letgo.com/en-us/i/bbq-grill_f4db8b75-96d4-47ae-ae27-628a2593da8e
Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2020, 01:22:35 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I did not want to open a new one. Is this a happy cooker as well? Is or was for sale in the area.
https://www.letgo.com/en-us/i/bbq-grill_f4db8b75-96d4-47ae-ae27-628a2593da8e

Yes, that it is a charcoal Happy Cooker with a hinged lid.  Looks to be in really good condition and the price is good too.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"