Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Redheads & Cadmium - Is It Safe?  (Read 4889 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Redheads & Cadmium - Is It Safe?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 08:34:58 PM »
Berkely ::) ..........................Buckies right, it's the landfills and the workers. I bet Ed could give us some excellent information on this. By the way, the old yellow has it as well. I would quit eating meat before I gave up a grill over the color. Don't take any offence Gummi, Berzerkely just has that stigma about it. We know your'e on our side. :D

Lol, no problem man. I might let it go if I find a Sage Green or C&B grey. I have to see them in person and mounted to the SS cart. If I do let it go, It will go to a WKC member. So don't worry, we all win!

I'm looking for a red SS....... ok there I said it..... ;D
At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man....which my wife says I'm well on my way to becoming 'that guy'.....so many damned things can kill us, harm us, make us sick......I am a former smoker, I love the smell of car exhaust fumes, I've spray painted w/o masks, if a Doctor told me had to give up meat to live, I'd say, "well it's been a good run" nothing is truly safe. I just fear the day that the federal government decides that charcoal is bad for the environment........talk about anarchy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:38:16 PM by Craig »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »

driving around doing things & listening to the radio today.......they were talking about "greening"your backyard this Memorial Day.....something about a "carbon neutral" holiday BBQ......Charcoal / carbon neutral.........Charcoal / carbon neutral...............Charcoal / carbon neutral...................Charcoal / carbon neutral.....................Charcoal / carbon neutral..............Charcoal / carbon neutral.......................Charcoal / carbon neutral......................Charcoal / carbon neutral
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:49:18 PM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:14 PM »

driving around doing things & listening to the radio today.......they were talking about "greening"your backyard this Memorial Day.....something about a "cabon neutral" holiday BBQ......Charcoal / carbon neutral.........Charcoal / carbon neutral...............Charcoal / carbon neutral...................Charcoal / carbon neutral.....................Charcoal / carbon neutral..............Charcoal / carbon neutral.......................Charcoal / carbon neutral......................Charcoal / carbon neutral

;D ;D  I'm old school........I've got something neutral for 'em!  ;)

Back in high school a girl I kind of liked told me she was a self professed tree hugger, I told her I was a tree burner and we'd do lunch. Yeah we never went out.... ::)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Redheads & Cadmium - Is It Safe?
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 03:14:36 AM »
I'm not joking with this one so much, I am worried that the burn bans and such are going to lead to some kind of anti charcoal legislation. The sad fact is that there are people who don't like seeing other people have a good time and will use whatever tragedy they can find that can even remotely be linked to their fun to shut them down. We've already got apartments that don't allow charcoal, in Europe the SJS isn't sold because of how the ash is removed, its coming folks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 04:16:10 AM »
I'm not joking with this one so much, I am worried that the burn bans and such are going to lead to some kind of anti charcoal legislation. The sad fact is that there are people who don't like seeing other people have a good time and will use whatever tragedy they can find that can even remotely be linked to their fun to shut them down. We've already got apartments that don't allow charcoal, in Europe the SJS isn't sold because of how the ash is removed, its coming folks.

apartments don't allow charcoal because of the many tenants that are at risk should something occur. I can dump something off my balcony and catch someone else's place on fire, I can catch my own place on fire, I can fill everyone's place with smoke.. the list goes on. As much as I hate to admit it, there is a good reason.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 05:49:12 AM »
Berkely ::) ..........................Buckies right, it's the landfills and the workers. I bet Ed could give us some excellent information on this. By the way, the old yellow has it as well. I would quit eating meat before I gave up a grill over the color. Don't take any offence Gummi, Berzerkely just has that stigma about it. We know your'e on our side. :D

Lol, no problem man. I might let it go if I find a Sage Green or C&B grey. I have to see them in person and mounted to the SS cart. If I do let it go, It will go to a WKC member. So don't worry, we all win!

I'm looking for a red SS....... ok there I said it..... ;D
At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man....which my wife says I'm well on my way to becoming 'that guy'.....so many damned things can kill us, harm us, make us sick......I am a former smoker, I love the smell of car exhaust fumes, I've spray painted w/o masks, if a Doctor told me had to give up meat to live, I'd say, "well it's been a good run" nothing is truly safe. I just fear the day that the federal government decides that charcoal is bad for the environment........talk about anarchy.
I couldn't have said it better. I believe moderation is the key to everything. Too much of one thing will kill you.  Don't they say that char from grilling is a carcinogen and bad for us?
I really believe it has to do with the manufacturing of red finish and that the porcelain is stable. Our food is never in direct contact with the finsh. They can pull my reds from my cold dead hands..  8)

http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/eh/chemfs/fs/cadmium.htm
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 05:56:53 AM »

California already has no burn days.. You aren't allowed to make a fire in your fireplace or outdoor pit. They don't want you to mow or bbq. That "want" will eventually become a law. I will say this, the vehicle emmisions have been greatly reduced over the last 40 years. I am around diesel rigs everyday. The exhaust used to be brutal. We currently have 2014 engines in new Freightliners. When the truck is running, you can almost breath the exhasut, its that clean. As for the big picture, yes we have to care. Should charcoal go away. Not if they want a revolution.  Man has had fire for a very long time. You just can't shut it off that easily.  8)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:58:36 AM by Heyjude »
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

kaz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 07:56:03 AM »
I already make my own lump charcoal. It's not enough to sustain me, but i get 15 lbs of lump every other month. But only cause I don't burn much. I could do it every weekend if need be. There is no shortage of oak here in the deep south.
#grubdubs