Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is it reasonable to think I could slow down/stop rust on a plated steel TABLE?  (Read 1950 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
The one I have is already showing some rust in areas. Maybe spray it with I dunno, something'? (Not paint, but clear?)

One like this, where it's heavy duty and all, but unfortunately the only thing that's SS is the table top.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Just smother it with the grease like our grates LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Joetee

• WKC Brave
There is some stuff I used. A  rust netralizer. It really works good. Only thing is, it turns it purple. But it is a good primer at this point.
Maybe check at Napa.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Thinking about it some more, I'll just leave it as-is since I wouldn't be refinishing/recoating it. Not worth it.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
You're probably using the wrong table.  Also doubles as a parts/ tools holder when working on the grills. Just don't lay a hot lid on it to avoid permanently fusing it to the table.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Oh I know. It was just something I found in my mother-in-law's garage. :)