Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Yellow MBH Burnout  (Read 766 times)

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
Yellow MBH Burnout
« on: May 07, 2018, 09:19:54 PM »
So I picked up a yellow MBH for @Catskillsmoker last week. I’ll be shipping her off soon, but I figured she needed one last clean out burn this side of the Mississippi, especially since the seller & I found a couple wasps’ nests under the lid when I went to pick her up. (Only one live wasp, no stings.)

Also a good excuse to reverse sear some cheapo sirloins my wife picked up at the grocery store. I got her pretty hot (but not hot enough to blush) with about a half chimney of KBB, a poortex, and some plywood spacer clips  under the lid. No thermometer, but I’m guessing she was at 600+ deg. for about 10 minutes before I pulled the poortex (bunt cake pan from Goodwill) and raked the coals to one side for an offset reverse sear.

I did six minutes on each side away from the coals with the lid on (sort of; she’s badly in need of a hug to get the lid to fit), then two minutes each side above the coals. Pulled ‘em to rest for 10 minutes, then sliced & served with some home fries & pickled cabbage the wife made along with some kind of cherry balsamic drizzle stuff that was amazing!

-Jed
-Jed

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Yellow MBH Burnout
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 02:44:29 AM »
good looking sirloins
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: Yellow MBH Burnout
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 04:42:29 AM »
Nice cook. You should have gotten her hot to make her blush.
Thanks Jed.

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
Yellow MBH Burnout
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 04:04:41 AM »
I love this yellow kettles!
Nice cool

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Best regards,
Jan