Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New life for an old grill  (Read 1673 times)

craigflowers

• Happy Cooker
New life for an old grill
« on: May 07, 2018, 07:00:50 AM »
I always wanted a nice looking table to compliment my Weber.  A new Red Kettle allowed me to re-furbish the 20 year old one-touch into a table.  I scraped and cleaned the bowl and lid and followed up with some oil on the outside to bring back the color.  I don't know why oil works and car polish didn't.  I didn't polish the legs or triangle.  So it looks clean but still has character.

-cf
Craig
Champaign, Illinois
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:22:37 AM by craigflowers »

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: New life for an old grill
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 07:20:02 AM »
I got this POJ 26er ("Weeblewampus") that spends most of its time as table or critter proof storage.

It gets put to work periodically though.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

craigflowers

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:27:17 AM »
Off-topic.....I'm not sure why the picture I posted went sideways.  Is there a way to preview it and correct that when I'm posting?

-cf
Craig

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:01:28 AM »
... Is there a way to preview it and correct that when I'm posting?

It would help to view it in a separate image viewer app. And then, you can rotate it within that. If you view an image in the same device it was taken with (smartphone or other digital camera), that setup often "helpfully" makes images appear oriented correctly when they aren't.

A common example is of a smartphone locked into portrait mode when the image was taken, but it can happen other ways. I transfer to, and then post images from my computer because of the flexibility that offers.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 09:02:29 AM »
I like this idea. And I need some table space that unused kettles can offer.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch