Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New bottom dampers for the RK  (Read 3827 times)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
New bottom dampers for the RK
« on: May 19, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »
Well, I finally got the damper kit for the bottom vents, but the weather didn't cooperate today. Best $7 I have spent. I tried reforming the old ones, but these are hard to get back into shape for a good fit. The first time I fired her up the temp was hard to control. Can't wait until next weekend.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: New bottom dampers for the RK
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »
I don't have any bottom vents on my ranch....where did you get them?  I need some!
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 04:57:54 PM »
Brian, Cmon man, you can get them from WEBER!!!  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 05:15:02 PM »

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 05:18:29 PM »

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 05:44:53 PM »
Yes - they are also used on the 22 in WSM. Ordered them from Weber. I had ordered from ereplacements , but they were back ordered. Weber sent them quickly, and I registered my RK at the same time.
They have some nuts that allow you to tighten to the screw/damper to achieve a good fit but allow to adjust the damper.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:46:45 PM by Bbqmiller »

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 06:02:18 PM »
Yes - they are also used on the 22 in WSM. Ordered them from Weber. I had ordered from ereplacements , but they were back ordered. Weber sent them quickly, and I registered my RK at the same time.
They have some nuts that allow you to tighten to the screw/damper to achieve a good fit but allow to adjust the damper.

You mean a lock nut with plastic, or one of those goofy metal lock nuts?  8)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »
Goofy metal lock nuts.

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »
I know the replacement part website is talked about here, but I have to say that Weber prices on everything I needed for my SS performer were actually cheaper than the other site. Not only that, but my stuff all shipped out the next day, where the other site said 9-16 days. Maybe not in all cases, but in my case, Weber was not only cheaper, but faster.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 07:36:18 PM »
I know the replacement part website is talked about here, but I have to say that Weber prices on everything I needed for my SS performer were actually cheaper than the other site. Not only that, but my stuff all shipped out the next day, where the other site said 9-16 days. Maybe not in all cases, but in my case, Weber was not only cheaper, but faster.

That is correct. But sometimes ordering form Weber is a pain. They want serial numbers for everything you buy. The great thing about the ereplacements site is the ability to easily see parts and get prices. I would expect Weber to be Cheaper, after all, they made it.  8)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 07:45:26 PM »
I better get the serial number for the 1965 ranch I have.... ;)
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 07:53:14 PM »
Yeah, and what number would that be?
I want to hear the call you make.  Probably something like this:

"Hello Weber, yes ma'am, I need to order some parts for my old grill. Yes ma'am, it was made in 1965. No ma'am this is no joke. Yes, I can hold while you talk to a supervisor... 5 minutes pass... Hello sir, I'm sorry, we haven't made parts for that grill in over 45 years. Thanks for calling, have a nice day... click"
 8)

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 05:01:13 AM »
That's strange because I called and told the lady I needed x parts for my SS performer and she started looking stuff up for me. (without a S/N) Lady must have spent 15-20 minutes on the phone with me going over my order and all information to make sure I got all the right stuff.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 08:11:08 AM »
That's strange because I called and told the lady I needed x parts for my SS performer and she started looking stuff up for me. (without a S/N) Lady must have spent 15-20 minutes on the phone with me going over my order and all information to make sure I got all the right stuff.

Weber, I've found, not through a huge amount of calls, but some, are a lot like the IRS......

If you're not getting a satisfactory answer, back out gracefully, hang up, call a day or so later, at a different time of day & you'll most likely get a different answer.....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"