Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer one touch starter swap out  (Read 1581 times)

gunner

• WKC Brave
Performer one touch starter swap out
« on: May 19, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »
Hey All,

Have a quick question if you don't mind. I have a 2004 SS performer and the one touch starter kit is shot. I also have a 2005 performer. Can I swap out the starter parts from the 2005 to the SS 2004 Performer?

Thanks!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer one touch starter swap out
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »
Is the 2005 the newer "H" style or is it the older style? The reasin I ask is that the OT is related to the ash bucket assembly. You can put the older style on a newer bowl, but the newer ones are not necessarily backwards compatible. It all depends on your bowl. Make sense?
AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »
Is gunner asking about the one-touch cleaning system or the touch-n-go gas assist?  The "starter" he refers to sounds like the gas ignition.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 06:32:28 PM »
The ignition button on my 2005 model is or at least seems significantly smaller than the one in my SS model. Either one is fairly cheap, so I'd order the one that is correct for your model.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 07:27:26 PM »
The ignition button on my 2005 model is or at least seems significantly smaller than the one in my SS model. Either one is fairly cheap, so I'd order the one that is correct for your model.

Agreed, just order the whole assembly, keep the other as back-up, It might just need a good blow out, Anything in the tube will keep it from igniting correctly. Can you light with some other source?

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 06:59:41 AM »
Is gunner asking about the one-touch cleaning system or the touch-n-go gas assist?  The "starter" he refers to sounds like the gas ignition.

Sorry I meant touch-n-go gas assist. Sounds like I can just order a new kit. I wasn't sure if they still had them in stock..Thanks All!