Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Does Anyone own a Weber Grill Restaurant Ranch Kettle?  (Read 483 times)

bgilbert44

• WKC Brave
Does Anyone own a Weber Grill Restaurant Ranch Kettle?
« on: October 09, 2021, 07:26:39 AM »
Read title. I'm genuinely curious to see if any have come up for resale. I've always wanted to get one personally but I've never seen any out in the wild.
I think I might need a bigger backyard soon...

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Does Anyone own a Weber Grill Restaurant Ranch Kettle?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 08:58:54 AM »
Read title. I'm genuinely curious to see if any have come up for resale. I've always wanted to get one personally but I've never seen any out in the wild.
I have been told from a reliable source that these are destroyed when replaced, they don't last as long as you would think
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Does Anyone own a Weber Grill Restaurant Ranch Kettle?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 03:18:09 PM »
They have a “retired” one in the lobby of the Indianapolis Weber Grill location.  It had been used for 3 or 4 years.   It had a statistic on the tons of coal it had burned.   I don’t recall the number but suffice it to say it was A LOT!   The charcoal and grill grates had to be replaced frequently due to warping.   It also has no bottom vents.   The area under the coal is wide open.  The grill itself is stainless steel not porcelain on steel. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 03:22:19 PM by michaelmilitello »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 08:25:51 AM »
Now that's a friggin' ash pan!

bgilbert44

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 12:25:38 PM »
I have been told from a reliable source that these are destroyed when replaced, they don't last as long as you would think

Aw that's a shame. Hopefully there's a few that survived out there. Thanks for the info!

bgilbert44

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 12:27:21 PM »
They have a “retired” one in the lobby of the Indianapolis Weber Grill location.  It had been used for 3 or 4 years.   It had a statistic on the tons of coal it had burned.   I don’t recall the number but suffice it to say it was A LOT!   The charcoal and grill grates had to be replaced frequently due to warping.   It also has no bottom vents.   The area under the coal is wide open.  The grill itself is stainless steel not porcelain on steel. 

Thanks for the info! Now I might need to go visit the Indianapolis location one day. I've been to the one in downtown Chicago, and it was probably the best experience I've ever had at a restaurant in terms of atmosphere. Food was great too!

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 02:58:35 AM »
They must have mega-sized exhaust fans in the kitchen. Lot's of smoke going to be generated.
I'm told the Indy location is closed...COVID.
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 04:04:31 PM »
The St. Louis location recently closed, but I’ll bet the kettle just moved on to another location.