Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs  (Read 1238 times)

elninohese

• Smokey Joe
Ribs
« on: April 15, 2018, 11:20:44 AM »
Just wondering is it possible to slow cook -indirect racks, dry rub 2.5hrs temp let’s say 340? Anyone hit this mark? Too lazy to slow for 4 hours etc?

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Ribs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 12:24:01 PM »
? I don’t understand. You talking about doing hot n fast ribs cause you don’t want to do low n slow?
You can cook them faster, sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:25:56 PM by Travis »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ribs
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 12:55:39 PM »
Yeah this part, let’s say 340 makes no sense with the rest of what you typed. 340 degrees isn't low.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:30:14 PM »
I know folks that cook ribs 350-400 till done...Seem to think they are as good as low and slow...I'll take my time and enjoy the journey...

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 04:45:14 PM »

I know folks that cook ribs 350-400 till done...Seem to think they are as good as low and slow...I'll take my time and enjoy the journey...

How can you sit back and enjoy some cold beers when the ribs are done in just a short time? I agree sit back and enjoy . No need to rush ! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Ribs
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 04:34:44 AM »
I like to do my ribs hot and fast :-)
Full S’nS with your favorite smoking wood and let it rage for 1 hour then wrapped in foil or in a SS restaurant pan with cover and some apple juice.
My wife won’t let me make them any other way now!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:12:14 AM by vwengguy »

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 05:05:49 AM »
Nope. Not for me. I am old school... low and slow, not hot and fast. Just the way I learned and the way I do it.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 05:48:09 AM »

Full S’nS with your favorite smoking wood and let it rage for 1 hour then wrapped in foil or in a SS restaurant pan with cover and some apple juice.

This is my family and I favorite method as well. They always turn out incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 12:24:48 AM »

Used to do my ribs low and slow also, usually took 6 hours.......UNTIL.... I tried this method mentioned here. Thats all I do now and it takes less than 3 hours. I think they turn out better hot and fast than they do low and slow. But thats just my families opinion.
Rub with killer hogs rub.
High heat indirect - 1 hour
Wrap with apple juice- 1.25 hour
Back on the grill with Montanas applebutter sauce for .5 hours or untill sauce is carmelized
Amazing
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:30:30 AM by WMT »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 06:56:34 AM »
It just depends for me, If the bottle of Jack Daniels is half or less I go hot and fast, more than half full I go low and slow
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 07:11:08 AM »

It just depends for me, If the bottle of Jack Daniels is half or less I go hot and fast, more than half full I go low and slow
Words to live by[emoji109]🏻

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 07:20:41 AM »

Words to live by[emoji109]🏻

Those long cooks, I have to close one eye to see what I’m doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 07:24:08 AM »
Your'e doing it wrong!! look down thru the bottle when it's empty makes everything bigger and easier to see!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »

LOL! Nothin' like some John Daniels by the Kettle...
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.