Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 5 meatloafs  (Read 2007 times)

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
5 meatloafs
« on: April 12, 2018, 04:20:47 PM »
Had a big cookout tonight with friends and fam, did some meatloafs , brats ,  and couple steaks . Didn’t take as many pics as I would have liked.  But was very busy getting this ready to go to the party. Here’s a Couple pics of tonight’s cook the meatloaf went quick. It was AMAZING!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

julweidn

• Smokey Joe
Re: 5 meatloafs
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »
Looks great! What temp did you cook the meatloaf to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »
Still trying to comprehend the Simpson's handles on that grill.

"Not judging," just wonderdin'.

... said the dad whose 12 yr old decided to blast EVERY built in "song" from the electric piano as retaliation for having to put away the dishes from the dishwasher.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 05:32:08 PM »

Looks great! What temp did you cook the meatloaf to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

160 ish some were a little higher

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »
Looks delicious! I love seeing a grill packed with food like that. What temp was the grilling running at?
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 07:12:58 PM »

Looks delicious! I love seeing a grill packed with food like that. What temp was the grilling running at?

About 300-325 ish

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 04:09:17 AM »
Ever cook the meatloaf without the pans?  What I do for mine is make a little foil plate that I poke a bunch of holes in to let the grease drip through and then I make a couple of thick onion planks to set it on. I use the foil because I can slide the whole gubbins on a plate or tray with it’s done. I like this rack style cooking as it allows me to glaze the sides of the loaf and it gives it a nice crust.
LOVE me some BBQ meatloaf. It’s my absolute favorite way to make it!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 06:04:07 AM »
They look amazing! I have a grilling pan with holes in it that I use for meatloaf. There's only room for one at a time tho... butt dang are they good!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 08:53:50 AM »
Ever cook the meatloaf without the pans?  What I do for mine is make a little foil plate that I poke a bunch of holes in to let the grease drip through and then I make a couple of thick onion planks to set it on. I use the foil because I can slide the whole gubbins on a plate or tray with it’s done. I like this rack style cooking as it allows me to glaze the sides of the loaf and it gives it a nice crust.

Gonna have to try that, thanks!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 10:01:51 AM »

Gonna have to try that, thanks!

I have never done them with out the pans.
 But yes I put a bunch of small holes on the bottom of the pans . I do want to give it a shot with out the pans sometime and see how it goes .

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 11:44:17 AM »
I always go panless, but I form them in pans and refrigerate overnight to firm them up, then just upend them on a sheet of foil on the grill. Keeps its pan shape pretty well. Takes a little longer to cook, but they turn out great every time.
Retired

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 02:45:12 PM »

I like this idea. Thanks for sharing!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 05:33:22 PM »
I have meatloaf pans, those double loaf pans that have one with holes in the bottom and the one without the holes to catch the grease and drippings. I nearly always make 3-4  meatloafs at a time to prep and freeze and I form them in the pan, then whack it on the counter to free it from the pan and wrap in foil. During the winter (or if I’m just feeling lazy) I’ll bake them in the oven in the pan and they fit back inside perfectly. 

The onion planks on foil are great and really help let any grease drip off.

I’ve also used this technique, substituting lemon for the onion, under thin fish fillets which might otherwise stick to the grill grate.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 05:45:23 AM »
Meatloaves look great! I've always wanted to try this but I'm a little gun shy--a friend tried it once and the meat turned out too smokey.
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 09:31:21 AM »

Meatloaves look great! I've always wanted to try this but I'm a little gun shy--a friend tried it once and the meat turned out too smokey.

I used just a little bit of hickory chips , nothing major , and honestly go for it ! It’s really easy to do . And I personally love the flavor of the grill.