Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What color is this MBH?  (Read 3970 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: What color is this MBH?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2018, 05:44:31 PM »
So was that the only, or best picture of the grill?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2018, 05:57:47 PM »
Sorry to jack up the blood pressure. My real vote is faded black. Go get it and prove me right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »
It was the best picture, plus it is not in the listing (making it at least a bit more difficult for the less scrupulous to find).

So was that the only, or best picture of the grill?
regards,
Hal

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2018, 07:24:43 PM »
It's a faded black.  I personally don't believe the fading is sun related, not all of it, I think there heat or something makes the black fade.  Most of the weathered warriors are uniformly faded grey.  So I think it's a loss of pigment more than a sun fade. 

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2018, 07:32:20 PM »
@PotsieWeber, give us your paypal email, I'll send $10 and GO!!!!!  son of a bitch!....lol
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2018, 07:37:51 PM »
Ok, TRUE Weber grey kettles. 1963-66 Plainsman (two tone) the 1989-91 One Touch + or BAR-B-KETTLE and the 2000s Crate & Barrel Gen 2-3 Performer and the euro Smokey Joe. What you have is a faded black.

HOLY GRAILS: 1950s era Black or Custom finish 18.5 or 22.5 Kettle, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 07:40:16 PM »

The color differential line I marked A makes me want to go see it. 

The dullness and the "scratch" marks marked B make me not want to waste my time.

Plastic wheels, upside down triangle (though not a determining factor) and a little patina in the orange peel, it’s a late 70s MBH faded black.

HOLY GRAILS: 1950s era Black or Custom finish 18.5 or 22.5 Kettle, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2018, 07:43:15 PM »
I don't understand the hype on this one.  What good does half a WW do you?  You probably won't find a lid that matches, unless that's not an issue.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2018, 07:58:00 PM »
By the way, I like them when they are extremely faded like yours.  It's purty. 

Yup it's mine Potsie.
Inside the leg sockets might be black still. I'll have to check when I empty out the kettle storage if it ever warms up here.[emoji30]
regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2018, 08:00:36 PM »
You never know, maybe I'll find a completely unrelated WW lid to put on it.
If it was cheap, I'd take half a WW.

I don't understand the hype on this one.  What good does half a WW do you?  You probably won't find a lid that matches, unless that's not an issue.
regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2018, 08:21:09 PM »
But, I agree, I think it is most likely nothing special.
It's just that stupid line around the circumference that keeps bugging me.
regards,
Hal

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 09:14:25 PM »
Good luck if you go for it!  I passed on a local $10 WW MBH on CL when I first joined.  I should have grabbed it.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2018, 09:21:13 PM »
Ah, the ones we don't buy because we don't know enough & the ones we buy because we don't know enough.
regards,
Hal

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
What color is this MBH?
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 09:48:39 PM »
Perfect timing for this thread. Was thinking of  picking up a “grey” mbh tomorrow and came to the WKC site to look up some more info on this “Grey”. Now I don’t think it’s grey and half of you probably agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 03:46:10 AM »
You are probably right about the heat being a major factor.  Thinking about it, other porcelain items (signs or equipment) that were outside for decades exposed to sunlight & the elements don't seem to fade like a Weber.  If they are not chipped, they often look brand spanking new.

It's a faded black.  I personally don't believe the fading is sun related, not all of it, I think there heat or something makes the black fade.  Most of the weathered warriors are uniformly faded grey.  So I think it's a loss of pigment more than a sun fade. 

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
regards,
Hal