Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Does anyone recognize rough age of these Weber Utensils (Made in Japan)  (Read 1123 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Before searching to see if there are a whole bunch of old catalogs in some sort of archive here, in order to narrow my search, I thought I'd ask if anyone recognizes these Weber Utensils that were made in Japan or has a rough idea of when they might be from.

If you have a lonely matching fork, you'll see I'm looking for one in the members sales & trade section.

I'll probably try Tung oil on the tongs, as they look like they went through the dish washer a number of times.  If you have other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 07:33:27 PM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

Kneab

• WKC Performer
This is from the 1974 accessory catalog. 
I have a set myself.
Minus the brush.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Thanks @Kneab

On the positive side, I know what year they are from.  On the negative side, I now know I'm missing a brush in addition to the fork.   :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 07:57:34 PM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Such knowledge here!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Transit98

• WKC Brave
Kool stuff. I need one of those coolie woks!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
You're looking for a NOS kit, the whole setup. It's a safe bet ya'll are missing the brush because brushes lose their bristles over time, and get tossed.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
I'm really not worried about the brush, nor even the fork too much.  I was joking about finding out that I'm missing a brush.  I've got a sweet old vintage spatula & tongs that I think look cool, & @Kneab even comes along right away & tells me what year they are from.  I already realized unless the brush got very little use, a used one would probably be disgusting looking by this point.  Although if I ran across one for cheap, I'd buy it for the handle.

A NOS would probably cost waaaay too much & then I'd feel I couldn't ever use them.  After I play around with the handle on the tongs, I might just use them as more for show than anything else because I have some nice non-Weber made in USA sets that I'll likely use instead.

You're looking for a NOS kit, the whole setup. It's a safe bet ya'll are missing the brush because brushes lose their bristles over time, and get tossed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:02:26 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

Kneab

• WKC Performer
These are mine.
Replacing the leather strings is the only restoration that needs to be done.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Very nice @Kneab.  That Weber pendant thing on the leather strap is pretty cool.

Woe is me, now I know that in addition to missing a fork & basting brush, I'm also missing some sort of nifty Weber pendant that goes on the leather strap. 
regards,
Hal