Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Citrus Chops and ABT's  (Read 2699 times)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Citrus Chops and ABT's
« on: August 04, 2012, 06:44:15 AM »
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
Re: Citrus Chops and ABT's
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 07:41:56 PM »
Very nice spread!!!!

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:03:06 PM »
those chops look perfect Larry.  what was your total cooking time on them?  i dont know why, but for some reason i cant make decent chops on the grill.  they always seem to dry out.  do you always pull them when they have that little pool of juice in the middle of them?
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 04:45:34 AM »
those chops look perfect Larry.  what was your total cooking time on them?  i dont know why, but for some reason i cant make decent chops on the grill.  they always seem to dry out.  do you always pull them when they have that little pool of juice in the middle of them?

Yes, the 'pool' of juice is a good indication the chops are done, but you can go by feel too.  I think total time was roughly 15-20 minutes with approximately, 350º fire.  Another good rule of thumb in my opinion it to NOT be afraid of 'pink' pork when it's done.  Some folks want to cook the chops until they are well well done, which is not necessary.  You could also brine for both moisture and added flavor if you like, it will help.  But the bottomline with chops or anymeat being dry is it's overcooked.  Good luck, hope this helps!!
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
I just watched it Larry and those chops look fantastic! A must try. BTW, I see Lampe the "porksmoker" replied at YT. That's a perfect name for him! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/porksmoker2010

"Love the Citrus rub!"

porksmoker2010 1 day ago
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 04:12:56 PM by Duke »

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »
Larry...this recipe looks delicious.  I'm gonna give this one a try.  Just subscribed to you so I can check all your cooks out.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »
Larry...this recipe looks delicious.  I'm gonna give this one a try.  Just subscribed to you so I can check all your cooks out.

Thanks Jeff!  Especially for taking the time to watch that long video.  I am still on a learning curve and I am trying to make the future videos shorter and to the point!   I also realized, people don't want or need to see ME!! LOL.  Thanks again Jeff!!
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »
when I saw it was over 20 minutes long...I was like, uh oh, but it actually went pretty fast.  WHen you're watching something you like...times goes faster.  Sort of like when you go out and see a good movie.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 06:01:30 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks Jeff!  Especially for taking the time to watch that long video.  I am still on a learning curve and I am trying to make the future videos shorter and to the point!   I also realized, people don't want or need to see ME!! LOL.  Thanks again Jeff!!
[/quote]

We still want to see the dog though

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 05:39:26 AM »
Okay John, I will make a short video of my blind lab fetching the tennis ball today.  I hope he doesn't run into the tree again. 
Larry Wolfe
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot