Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Checking A Few Grails Off The List  (Read 2400 times)

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Checking A Few Grails Off The List
« on: March 03, 2018, 05:24:58 PM »
They say when it rains, it pours.  Well, last Friday it was a flash flood!  Within a matter of hours, I was able to secure two grains of mine, one of which has been on my list for a LONG time!  Trade specifics won’t be detailed but let’s just say that it was a pretty big deal that started with a personal vow I made to myself to be more proactive with my Weber “wants” list than I ever have been.  Last Wednesday or Thursday I posted in the members sales and trade section that I was looking for some blues (non logo 18, Wave Blue SJ, and a blue lantern).  Next morning, I get a PM from @Mr.CPHo about his blue 18 and what he needed for an agreeable arrangement to be made.  What needs to be understood is that I have been trying to get this grill from Charlie since he first put it on the trade block.  Every time I got something new that I thought might crack the code, even if it was something I kind of wanted to keep for myself, I immediately PMed Charlie. And every time he seemed to already have one (or more) of what I was offering!  Needless to say, when he reached out to me, I knew I had to do what it took to land this amazing grill.  It was time to sell, so I could buy, so I could trade and that cycle continued a few rounds. When all was said and done, deals had been made with 8 grillfellas over 6 states to get this blue 18 to its final home and somewhere along the way in the middle of the web being woven I ended up with a “Bone” (ivory) euro SJ!  The SJ was added to my “wants” list a couple of months ago after seeing an ivory 22 in person!  I really like the color but don’t have space for a 22 so SJ on the list it was!  The blue arrived this past Tuesday and I picked up the bone SJ on Thursday.  I was able to get the grills put together and take a couple of pictures yesterday.  The blue didn’t really need anything done in terms of restoration but I did get to shine it up with Dawn tonight.  The pictures I  posting tonight are pre shine up (it was on THAT good of condition!). I will get (and post) some pictures of it gleaming in the sun tomorrow! 

Having wanted a blue 18 for awhile, I was prepared with some Zav custom St. Louis Blues cedar handles, a new cook grate and a premium Weber cover.  I picked up a new charcoal grate today and she is ready to cook on! 

This was a really great week for me and when everything was going down, I felt like an NHL G.M. on draft day or the trade deadline!  What a great adrenaline rush!  I just need a blue lantern now!

With all the different members involved there are three that I would like to single out who played major roles.  Charlie @Mr.CPHo, Joe @JEBIV, and Drew @DB3694.  Thanks a billion guys!  You all played a key role in these grails!

Sorry for the long post!  Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Normal_J_Bird

• WKC Brave
Re: Checking A Few Grails Off The List
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 05:31:37 PM »
Awesome scores!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 05:36:49 PM »
That's awesome! Congratulations on your grails!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 05:39:53 PM »
You got your blue 18”. Awesome bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 06:05:46 PM »
Congrats!!!  That’s the way to finally snag a blue with a small side of white (bone) and with so much help from a great group of grillfellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 06:25:49 PM »
Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 06:28:31 PM »
Congrats brother. Good things come to those who wait Tom.
The Kettle Gods were aligned for us both crossing these grills off our lists in almost the same week. Enjoy them. Now get cooking on the 18.

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 06:30:28 PM »
YEAH!!!! You got your blue!!! Congrats!!!! [emoji2][emoji106]🏾[emoji106]🏾

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 07:56:49 PM »
Way to go, everyone involved!!!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Checking A Few Grails Off The List
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 08:15:41 PM »
BLUE-YAH!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 08:21:55 PM »

BLUE-YAH!

[emoji1318][emoji1318][emoji1318]Everything about this is awesome

"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 09:17:38 PM »
Awesome! 

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 10:49:01 PM »
Great news on the blue! Congrats! That bone SJ is pretty sweet too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 01:26:30 AM »
Great job Tom, i was waiting to see what you were going to post!!. Those are sweet grills right there!!

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 02:43:48 AM »
All is good in the Lou. Congrats Tommy, thats one beautiful grill, well 2...but that BLUE... I've cooked many a meal on it. Great WKC teamwork and ^5s all around.   

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER