Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mighty Pizza Oven - Kettle Grill Edition  (Read 15012 times)

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
Mighty Pizza Oven - Kettle Grill Edition
« on: March 02, 2018, 07:43:15 PM »
I am starting a new post to share my Mighty Pizza Oven - Kettle Grill Edition, a modified version of  the MightPizzaOven.com with the MightyPizzaStone.com.

Here's a pic of my first prototype on my Performer.

Bert

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Mighty Pizza Oven - Kettle Grill Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:19:02 PM »
Interesting. How does it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 08:25:22 PM »
I’m also interested in finding out about this!  Looks wild!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 02:44:11 AM »
Interesting. How does it work?

The top is a modified version of my patented Mighty Pizza Oven (MPO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Ki1Laqn-o&index=48&list=LLHLAvE2sgqLOEeS29BqHhQA

The above design had one limitation, it was hard to control the temperature when used with charcoal, to solve that issue I designed the Mighty Pizza Stone (MPS) - Patent Pending. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ4K1bDLlZA&index=32&list=LLHLAvE2sgqLOEeS29BqHhQA

MPS balances the cooking rate of pizza top and bottom by adjusting the gap between the stone and the metal diffuser. You can use MPS on any grill by itself, but bake time and temperature is dependent on the grill used. For example my best bake time on my performer with MPS was about 8 minutes using two load of charcoal, and 6 minutes when I added wood chunks.

By combining MPO and MPS in my new prototype, I am able to bake 6+ Neapolitan pizzas with just one load of charcoal chimney starter on my Weber Performer. The first pizza was baked in less than 60 seconds and the last pizza in less than 2 minutes.

https://youtu.be/9Rq106vsYL0

I’m also interested in finding out about this!  Looks wild!

Thank you, currently only MPS is available on Amazon, I am still working on the design and trying to source a manufacturer, I am not sure yet when it will be available, in the meantime, it can be reproduced if you have the right tools and components obtained from different sources, but, it will not be as cost effective as the final product.

Pics of some of the pies from my only 2 bakes with the prototype so far.

Bert

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 07:12:26 PM »
Wow!  Just wow!  I like it!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 06:23:30 AM »
Wow!  Just wow!  I like it!

Thank you, my goal was to make pizza making on the grill as close as possible to grilling to any other food on the grill where all other designs imitate traditional wood fire pizza oven design. My approach may not be the best, but It made sense to me. What I like the most about it is that I don't have to bend, no continuous fuel feeding when I use charcoal (as simple as gas grills) and I have easy wide open access to loading and retrieving my pizza.
Bert

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 07:12:56 AM »
To make my Performer portable for occasional use away from home,  I replaced the Performer 4 bolts with thumb screws to make it easier to remove and re-install back on the cart. I also made 3 short legs for support and working on another longer set legs with wheels.

Bert

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 09:41:50 AM »
I don't even care if it works well, it is BAD ASS!  Look like it is working amazingly so far.  I am thinking it would turn a kettle into one hell of a wing machine!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 03:16:39 AM »
@MikeRocksTheRed thank you. The temperature inside gets extreemly high, I am not sure if I can cook anything other than pizza in it.

I made another set of legs.

Bert

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 03:20:50 AM »
We had my wife fried and her family visiting from NY, I made 8 pizzas using 3/4 load of weber large charcoal chimney starter, I added about 10 additional briquettes mid bake.
I only managed to take pics of the last four pizzas.

Bert

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 11:56:22 AM »
So delicious looking!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 02:48:38 AM »
Looks delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 09:26:26 AM »
Thank you  @Firemunkee & @mhiszem my favorite was the mini pepperonis with jalapeno. 
Bert

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 09:44:58 PM »
So these pizzas are all cooked with the mighty pizza stone and the mighty pizza oven (kettle addition). Thats a dam sweet set up. You have some prety cool ideas that seem to be working great. Nice job. Do you have any pictures of what it looks like under the lid and how you set up the kettle for these cooks. Is it just a flat lid with the exhaust coming out the center chimney.
I could see that being very fuel efficient because of the small space that has to heat up
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:47:33 PM by WMT »

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 10:18:30 AM »
@WMT Thank you, that’s what differentiates my design from everyone else’s. Even if you had to open the oven multiple times to check on your pizza, my design is still way more efficient than having open mouth oven where heat is being lost continuously.  I can reach extremely high temperatures using less than a load of charcoal chimney starter.

Send me your email, I will answer any question you may have about the setup to duplicate for your personal use.
Bert