Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Glen Blue sighting  (Read 921 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Glen Blue sighting
« on: March 02, 2018, 03:25:15 PM »
Anyone ever see the documentary called Spanish Lake? If you haven't seen it, it's about a neighborhood up in north St. Louis County that has completely gone bad over the last 40 years. I was watching it just now on DVD.

There's a scene where some fella who used to live up in Spanish Lake back in the 1960's, decided to come back and revisit his old childhood home. (His house in now an abandoned crack house). He's walking around the backyard with the film crew pointing out various things and right there in the background of the shot is an old 22.5 Glen Blue kettle. I couldn't believe it. It looked in pretty good shape too. I wonder if it's still there?

The scene is exactly at the 1:04:33 minute mark. Check it out if you can get the DVD.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Re: Glen Blue sighting
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »
I thought at one point it was on Netflix...still there?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 08:15:44 PM »
Yes, it was on Netflix for a while, but has since been removed. The documentary was filmed in 2014, so there is actually a chance that Glen Blue might still be there given that it was sitting at the back of a driveway visible from the street, none of the houses in Spanish Lake were ever built with garages, and yards and houses in that area never get cleaned up?

However; I wouldn't want to cruise the streets of Spanish Lake, Missouri looking for a blue Weber grill. St. Louis County Police had 3600 calls for shootings in that area in a single year. That place is the freaking wild west! You'd be safer cruising neighborhoods over in Afghanistan. I seriously wouldn't even want to stop for a red light in Spanish Lake, it's that dangerous!

[/quote]
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 08:19:26 PM »
Yes, it was on Netflix for a while, but has since been removed. The documentary was filmed in 2014, so there is actually a chance that Glen Blue might still be there given that it was sitting at the back of a driveway visible from the street, none of the houses in Spanish Lake were ever built with garages, and yards and houses in that area never get cleaned up?

However; I wouldn't want to cruise the streets of Spanish Lake, Missouri looking for a blue Weber grill. St. Louis County Police had 3600 calls for shootings in that area in a single year. That place is the freaking wild west! You'd be safer cruising neighborhoods over in Afghanistan. I seriously wouldn't even want to stop for a red light in Spanish Lake, it's that dangerous!

[/quote]

Lol!  I meant was the documentary still on Netflix (which you answered!)  I can also see why you thought I was talking about the glenn blue!  Sorry for not being clearer!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 09:23:40 PM »
I went back and watched the documentary a second time. I mistakenly thought the film said there was 3600 police calls for shootings in the Spanish Lake area in a single year. I was wrong. It was 3600 shootings in a SINGLE APARTMENT COMPLEX in Spanish Lake in a single year!