Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: C&B green grass performer  (Read 1002 times)

bigssa

• WKC Brave
C&B green grass performer
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:48:12 AM »
I have had the flu since Friday and have been feeling like shit all weekend. As I was laying on the couch, trying not to pass out from coughing so hard, I browse Craigslist which has been full of Webers in the last few weeks (I guess spring cleaning is upon us). I come across an ad in the Charleston, SC CL for a green grass performer for $110 only 35 minutes after the original post. I immediately perk up and email the poster that I can come and pick it up right away if he’ll take $100 for it. You have to understand that anything but black is nearly impossible to find on CL in this area, so when I saw it, I knew that I had to get it.
2 hours go by with no response and my enthusiasm has died along with any energy that I had. I passed out. I wake up in a full fever sweat and I pick up my phone to check my email. Oh no, he emailed me back 30 minutes ago and said that I was one of two people interested and if I can pick it up that night then I can have it. I immediately get my energy back, change clothes, jump in the car and head to the ATM and then to the guy’s house. 25 minutes later, I am there and knocking on his door. At this point, it is dark outside and I really should be laying down, so I load it up and head home.
I only got to get a good look at it today and I was pleasantly surprised to see the shape of this AD code. It has a bit of rim rash and the gas assist will need some work, other than that it looks like it has been kept under a cover and rarely used.

Will post more pics after the cleanup is done, which won’t happen until I get over this flu.

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
Re: C&B green grass performer
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »
Congrats!  Rest and hope you fell better soon.  Looks like a great score.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 01:37:58 PM »
Nice find! Get better soon then get cooking on that thing!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 03:36:10 PM »
I absolutely love my C&B Grass Green Performer!  It is by far and away my go-to cooker!  Congratulations on your score!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 03:54:55 PM »
Congrats on your C&B green.
I'm with Tommy, mine is my go to also. Love it.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Bigmac

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 04:26:37 PM »

Pretty sweet! Hope you feel better soon.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 12:03:16 AM »
Nice pick up!!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 01:27:03 AM »
Congrats.  Grass green performers are awesome. Picked up a grass green C&B performer in October that i mounted in a ssp frame but haven't used it yet. Can't wait for the weather to get nicer so i can take it off the garage.