Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first 2018 catch...  (Read 1844 times)

varekai

• WKC Ranger
My first 2018 catch...
« on: January 25, 2018, 07:41:12 PM »
So yesterday evening I get a CL email alert, all it says is “Webber smoker” and it’s $25... I contact him, tell him I can pick it up on my way to work in the morning. Then I start the 20 questions.. is it indeed a Weber, lots of people think Weber is the word for anything that cooks food over coals, it IS a Weber he says... I resist asking him what “size” it is, I don’t want him rethinking his price, hell for $25 I don’t really care, , oh, and it has a cover. So it’s the next morning, I get to his house at 8:30, he says he’s leaving California for Arizona and doesn’t want to move everything so it’s time to get rid of stuff, we walk to the side of his house, there it is, an 18” WSM under its cover... he tries to tell me it cost him a lot of money back when he bought it, but now he just doesn’t do much smoking. I tell him about my, OUR, affliction and that this is my 3rd Weber smoker. The smoker is in great condition, grates are gross but a good scrubbing and all will be good. Will get pics this weekend. Not a bad first pick up to start off the year!  Oh yea, back to paying him, I hand him $40, tell him it’s all good, he could have got more but I appreciate a good thing when I see it.. he was happy and so was I !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

jmitchell418

• Smokey Joe
Re: My first 2018 catch...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 02:29:56 AM »
So yesterday evening I get a CL email alert, all it says is “Webber smoker” and it’s $25... I contact him, tell him I can pick it up on my way to work in the morning. Then I start the 20 questions.. is it indeed a Weber, lots of people think Weber is the word for anything that cooks food over coals, it IS a Weber he says... I resist asking him what “size” it is, I don’t want him rethinking his price, hell for $25 I don’t really care, , oh, and it has a cover. So it’s the next morning, I get to his house at 8:30, he says he’s leaving California for Arizona and doesn’t want to move everything so it’s time to get rid of stuff, we walk to the side of his house, there it is, an 18” WSM under its cover... he tries to tell me it cost him a lot of money back when he bought it, but now he just doesn’t do much smoking. I tell him about my, OUR, affliction and that this is my 3rd Weber smoker. The smoker is in great condition, grates are gross but a good scrubbing and all will be good. Will get pics this weekend. Not a bad first pick up to start off the year!  Oh yea, back to paying him, I hand him $40, tell him it’s all good, he could have got more but I appreciate a good thing when I see it.. he was happy and so was I !!!

What a great buy! I thought I did good snagging a 22" kettle for $25 last year but this find beats it for sure...and I'm never in the receiving end of such generosity. Around these parts you'll sell a $200 item for $25 and they'll haggle all day long for and extra $10 discount!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:31:45 AM »
Wow great score!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 07:07:58 AM »
Very nice way to start the year off.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 07:18:33 AM »

Nice score Darin.  Good to hear from you.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 03:01:22 PM »
Plus good karma for you!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 02:49:05 PM »
Here’s some pics, the grates cleaned up pretty good, hope the middle section cleans up as well.

CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 06:30:44 PM »
What a way to start off 2018

Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ