Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I really want to share this  (Read 12906 times)

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: I really want to share this
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 12:09:04 PM »
Hey @Charcoal_Guerrilla , thanks for the heads up on Chris Fox. I must say, more than 45 days without any response is not a good sign. It is still possible he re-surfaces with a  good reason for the delay.  Let's just hope he does and comes through with the Cado.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Charcoal_Guerrilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »
Thanks @JDD, I hope that the guy is okay and maybe he’s just had something big happen in his life and he’ll get back to me. But no msgs since mid-Jan not even a 1liner. I’m feeling more done than hopeful. Thx for your post.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Packman04

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 05:56:18 AM »
@Charcoal_Guerrilla

The person you paid for this grill is known here as UserGone.  It wouldn't surprise me if he got a better offer and decided to sell it to someone else.  That seems to be his way of doing business.

I know he is still out there and hasn't had any reasons for not responding to you because almost daily he is updating his Craiglists posts looking for any old Webers and accessories. 

Charcoal_Guerrilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 03:16:44 PM »
Thanks mate, I appreciate the info. Very disappointed. What you say fits with how he conducted himself via email. He kept showing me pics of new sections of the kettle that he said he’d cleaned and told me that he’d ordered a new wooden handle and that he was one of the few that had the tools and knowledge to fit a double riveted handle in the same way  Weber had done. Sod.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 06:55:06 PM »
Hmm I know that on Craigslist list they tell sellers not to accept PayPal because scammers will pay with PayPal then complain to PayPal saying the item wasn't as promised and then PayPal takes the money back from the seller and gives it back to the buyer. The buyer is left scammed with no money and lost the item they were selling. PayPal tends to side with buyers so maybe that's something you can look into. It's worth a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Charcoal_Guerrilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 04:13:45 AM »
Thanks Firemunkee, I appreciate you taking the time to make the suggestion. Have lodged complaints with PayPal and my bank. I’ll post on the outcome once the investigation process is finished (which I’m told will take up to 45 days). I appreciate the advice and support I’ve received from members here both on and off line.

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »
I feel for you
This is why I never try and buy from randoms
I’d prefer the hunt and trade with members here
Maybe next time you could reach out to a nearby member
And ask for assistance
This is the wkc way
I remember it took at least 1 year on here before
I felt comfortable asking a member to agent for me
Things come to those who wait
Sometimes it’s not meant to be
It’s just listening to you gut feel and acting on it
Oh well it’s only money maybe easier to move on and lesson learned
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Charcoal_Guerrilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 06:20:55 PM »
Thanks Golly, I appreciate your best and advice. I’ll wait to see if the bank can get the money bank. Meanwhile, I’m back in the saddle hunting for the next most excellent vintage kettle (calling all yellow and other than black 26er kettle owners [emoji6] [emoji16]).

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 06:28:16 PM »
Wow that sucks @Charcoal_Guerrilla . If it truly is the same person @Packman04 is referring to you are likely SOL. That person did the same BS to me which led to him being user gone. Thieves suck.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 07:04:37 PM »
Has anyone thought of posting ads on craigslist warning people about him? I see his ads with pics of everyone's kettles on the Milwaukee and Green Bay craigslist all the time. I wonder how many people he has scammed that have never heard of Smokin performer, usergone or the WKC.

We know better because people here have been scammed but the general public probably has no clue not to deal with him.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:06:10 PM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Charcoal_Guerrilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 07:16:26 PM »
Maybe post an ad with the original ad and a message that this seller was paid but never sent the item.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 07:17:45 PM »
Idk Kneab it might not help. He may be targeting new members here that get the bug, see his listing and then get excited when seeing something cool listed. I doubt the general public is scanning CL for old grills. I almost bought one of his grills until I was tipped it was usergone. Then I told him in the CL email that I figured who he was and wouldn’t offer him a penny for his stuff.  Just have to keep letting people know that it’s not worth it dealing with this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 07:33:26 PM »
I suppose he would just change his tactics.  He's probably reading this as we post about it. Since he scammed Charcoal _Guerrilla I have noticed he has stopped listing his number and the name usergone in his ads.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Charcoal_Guerrilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 02:07:31 AM »
Gents, I posted to CL Milwaukee in for sale/wanted by owner section. At least someone might get tipped off and save their hard earned.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 03:48:59 AM »
Well done. I hope PayPal gives your money back. He tried to get me to PayPal him as well back in June ‘17.  I believe he lives in Bay View WI based on convos back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH