Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Battle of the Kettle Grills - Weber vs Sam's Club (Members Mark)  (Read 6800 times)

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Battle of the Kettle Grills - Weber vs Sam's Club (Members Mark)
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 06:08:08 PM »
Ok so I seen this post bounce around the last few days . And I am no Weber professional. I’m fairly new to this collecting thing but have always used a weber . But this guy ...... wow I finally decided to watch . And I also got to the point where he gives both grills the ol boot . WTF????  This is the first and last video i watch of this guy ....  and his terminology is SPOT ON [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Battle of the Kettle Grills - Weber vs Sam's Club (Members Mark)
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 06:57:11 AM »
LMAO!  Baby Back Maniac had a great response in the comments on that video.  It was really hard to watch.  It was like watching @Troy diss the Vortex!!!!!  LMAO! :P :o ??? :D ;D ;)
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 11:36:36 AM »
LMAO!  Baby Back Maniac had a great response in the comments on that video.  It was really hard to watch.  It was like watching @Troy diss the Vortex!!!!!  LMAO! :P :o ??? :D ;D ;)

Sorry :P
I don't consider my opinion "dissing" the vortex. I have one and enjoy what it is capable of.
I just think it's less of a multi-tasker than people give it credit for and I get a little sad everytime I see it happening.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 11:48:07 AM »

Sorry :P
I don't consider my opinion "dissing" the vortex. I have one and enjoy what it is capable of.
I just think it's less of a multi-tasker than people give it credit for and I get a little sad everytime I see it happening.

It's all good!  I was just giving you a hard time!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Battle of the Kettle Grills - Weber vs Sam's Club (Members Mark)
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 07:46:34 AM »
Just saw one of these members mark grills at sams.  It does advertise having porcelain coated lid and bowl. It does not have ash sweeps. The arm controls a damper on the center of the bottom of bowl.  That is it’s most fatal flaw imo. No ash sweeps combined with having the holes where they will clog with ash.

The shape is similar enough, I wonder if they are produced by the same overseas company producing the LE reds. Can’t be that many factories producing porcelain coated grills.

Interesting that at the same time we have the first kettles and bowls by weber produced over seas, that another pops up at nearly the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:48:43 AM by HoosierKettle »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 09:18:44 AM »
That was a pathetic review.

As far as the same company producing these MM grills. I don't believe so. I have it from good sources that Weber supplied the equipment to produce the LE's.