Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grillfella needs help  (Read 4200 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Grillfella needs help
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2018, 04:43:05 AM »
This is really inspirational.  I’m guessing there will be quite a few cheese smokes coming from various club members

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2018, 08:38:46 AM »
This is really inspirational.  I’m guessing there will be quite a few cheese smokes coming from various club members

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I’m going to pickup some black cherry wood today. I’ll try that on som Swiss cheese. Maybe good with wine and crackers
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
looks like you got it figured out given the weather is super cold.   Get a smoking tube from Owens BBQ.  It makes it so much easier.  Weather has to be around 55 or under and then you don’t have to worry about using any ice.  Just light the pellets in the tube and let it do it’s thing.  Speaking of which, I’ve got a little bit of cheese smoking to do myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2018, 02:19:33 PM »
Forget the cheese @MikeRocksTheRed , I want to know why there is a bottle of wine that looks like it did not get finished. C'mon man, looks like a couple swallows! I can't recall the last time that ever happened at my house, if ever, and even then it was probably a 1.5 liter bottle.
Retired

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2018, 02:21:10 PM »
Forget the cheese @MikeRocksTheRed , I want to know why there is a bottle of wine that looks like it did not get finished. C'mon man, looks like a couple swallows! I can't recall the last time that ever happened at my house, if ever, and even then it was probably a 1.5 liter bottle.

I'm not a white wine fan.  You will notice why Coors Light on the bottom shelf with a platoon of cheese guarding it!  LOL
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2018, 02:29:15 PM »
OK, you get a pass this time, but only because there are three pounds of bacon front and center.
Retired

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2018, 07:51:48 AM »
You want the temps to be as low as you can. A lot of guys I know use the A-Maze-N-Smoke Tube...

http://www.amazenproducts.com/

That's exactly what I use.  Little to no temp change.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 08:43:49 AM »
OK, you get a pass this time, but only because there are three pounds of bacon front and center.

You just scared the shit out of me.  4 pounds is my minimum bacon level.  Just checked the fridge and there are 4 packs there not three.  Crisis averted!!! 

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2018, 08:50:05 AM »
Whew! That was close! I'm on the same page. My local (during the week) market here in Arlington VA had a "buy two-get three free" on bacon the other day. No brainer. Might go back for five more today.
Retired

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 08:58:39 AM »
Whew! That was close! I'm on the same page. My local (during the week) market here in Arlington VA had a "buy two-get three free" on bacon the other day. No brainer. Might go back for five more today.

Where in Arlington are you?   I used to live in Ballston and Rosslyn before moving to AZ and now to Denver.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2018, 06:20:45 AM »
looks like you got it figured out given the weather is super cold.   Get a smoking tube from Owens BBQ.  It makes it so much easier.  Weather has to be around 55 or under and then you don’t have to worry about using any ice.  Just light the pellets in the tube and let it do it’s thing.  Speaking of which, I’ve got a little bit of cheese smoking to do myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I picked up a small fridge for just cheese. Had to start small I already have to refrigerator so got a small one just for cheese. Funny the wife was okay with it.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!