Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first rib roast for Christmas Eve  (Read 2173 times)

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Re: My first rib roast for Christmas Eve
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 05:32:08 AM »
Nailed it!  As far as the steak goes, just make her favorite cut and ask her to try it without.  I did this with my oldest when I had hand carried a small cooler with some filets from Oklahoma to Hawaii years ago.  He stopped using teak sauce that day.  If that doesn't work, then let her eat it however she wants, I guess.

duff645

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 06:02:54 AM »
Great job on your 1st Roast!! 

FYI:  try placing two cups of red wine and one cup of beef broth, along with sliced mushrooms with the roast’s dripping in a small pot while the roast is resting.  Makes a great zip sauce for your steak.

Wow now that is an achievement! My goal is to get my wife to eat a steak without A1.

LMOA - 1st thing my wifey does on all of my marinaded steaks I grill for her.  Even did a herb crusted rub on rib roast on Christmas Eve dinner for the In-Laws.  Kept it medium for her on the inside.  As soon as it was served:  whammo A1 Sauce.  Frustrating sometimes on using salt-free alternative rubs (due to my health concerns) but she doses it with A1 Sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:05:08 AM by duff645 »
ad fumant, condimentum in, ut serviant

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 06:47:56 AM »
I just can’t understand A1 or even ketchup on a steak but A1 on prime rib?  It would be hard for me to not say anything.

Thanks for the compliments fellas. I’ll look into the red wine beef broth sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.