Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Sloppy Joes  (Read 1344 times)

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
Weber Sloppy Joes
« on: October 08, 2018, 05:14:30 PM »
Just got a Lodge double Dutch oven, which the lid doubles as a 10” skillet. Wanted to try it out with something simple, so baked potatoes and sloppy joes on the weber it was.  Couldn’t tell much taste difference between stove cooked SJs and Weber Cooked SJs, but cooking was a whole lot more fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 05:21:37 PM by ste6168 »

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Sloppy Joes
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 05:25:25 PM »
Couldn’t tell much taste difference between stove cooked SJs and Weber Cooked SJs, but cooking was a whole lot more fun!

That was the difference! Love my Cast Iron also.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

ste6168

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:55:55 AM »
Couldn’t tell much taste difference between stove cooked SJs and Weber Cooked SJs, but cooking was a whole lot more fun!

That was the difference! Love my Cast Iron also.

Yep, for the first time using it, I liked it!  Not sure i'd use it on the grill like that all the time, but having the option is nice, especially since I live in eastern NC and we tend to lose power once or twice a year due to hurricanes.  Florence was 5 days!  That said, I also have a propane camp stove, so we often use that.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 04:35:57 PM »
Folks don't understand why I cook things on the grill that could easily (easier?) be cooked in the house...But I get it...

Love using my CI on the Weber...

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 04:57:31 PM »

Folks don't understand why I cook things on the grill that could easily (easier?) be cooked in the house...But I get it...

Very true....I LOVE my CI.never used it any other place by my Weber’s.... and once or twice over the camp fire !

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 05:40:54 AM »

I do Tater-Tots on the Kettle all the time.  Lightly spray a cooling rack with PAM stack em in a single layer and go indrect at 350-ish till they are crispy...

I'd rather heat up the GRILL than the Kitchen!!

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

jimz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 05:48:02 AM »
Just made smoked mac and cheese in my cast iron skillet on my jumbo joe- family loved it.
The first cook I did with the cast iron skillet on the weber 22" was beer can chicken over sliced potatoes wow that was good too.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 07:06:05 AM »
[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 07:41:19 AM »
Very nice! I didn't know there was a dutch oven with a lid that doubled as a skillet, that's cool.

I have been using my ABC Griddle to make sloppy joes on my weber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5pjbvAvRgw

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Weber Sloppy Joes
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 12:05:31 PM »
Hey Troy.. check this one out from lodge. Because all lodge CI costs a TON here in Europe I had limited choice unless I took out another mortgage just to pay for it.
This is their combo cooker set and is the same size as the Dutch Oven combo but it comes with the skillet handles on the lid and on the chicken fryer bottom pan. I have this set and love it!

https://www.amazon.com/Pre-Seasoned-Cast-Iron-Combo-Cooker/dp/B07BVJYB3N/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539720572&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=lodge+combo+cooker&psc=1

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:10:47 PM by vwengguy »

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 10:49:08 AM »
Any smoke on that sloppy joe?  Maybe that would give it a different flavor than cooking it on the stovetop?