Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rib roast on the red  (Read 1702 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Rib roast on the red
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:12:42 AM »
Took the roti and the red to a friends for dinner. I didn’t get many pictures but it was very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:16:17 AM by HoosierKettle »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Rib roast on the red
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »
It’s looks delicious!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 03:17:02 PM »
That looks incredible man. A fun cook for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Rib roast on the red
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I threw it all up the next morning. 3 people got sick out of 13 the following day. Everyone brought sides and there were 2 other rib roasts cooked so Nobody knows what it was. The party was on Friday and yesterday I was sick all day. Didn’t eat a thing until this morning.

I don’t think I’ll be able to eat rib roast for the rest of my life.  I don’t think that was the culprit but that’s what I threw up the most.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:38:38 PM by HoosierKettle »

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 03:47:26 PM »
Man, sorry to hear about the post dinner issues. Hope you and the others are feeling better.   Take care.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I threw it all up the next morning. 3 people got sick out of 13 the following day. Everyone brought sides and there were 2 other rib roasts cooked so Nobody knows what it was. The party was on Friday and yesterday I was sick all day. Didn’t eat a thing until this morning.

I don’t think I’ll be able to eat rib roast for the rest of my life.  I don’t think that was the culprit but that’s what I threw up the most.

Dude that really sucks. Getting sick from a food is the worst. Especially when you don’t know what it was so you don’t know what to avoid.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Rib roast on the red
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 04:49:56 PM »
Yeah it does stink. 2 out of 3 of us are feeling fine now but one is still struggling. We haven’t been able to figure out what we ate that others didn’t. I’m hoping the third person recovers soon.

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 10:06:22 PM »
Thats too bad on being sick, but if it's any consilation, the roast you cooked looks amazing

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 02:51:14 AM »
Puking sucks. The rib roast looks good tho... hopefully that wasn't the culprit. Get well all.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Bigmac

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 03:59:13 AM »
Don’t know where you are located,but there is a stomach bug going around here that is causing a lot of problems. It might not have been the food at all but that doesn’t make the throwing up any better! Hope your feeling better soon.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Rib roast on the red
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 05:05:56 AM »
Don’t know where you are located,but there is a stomach bug going around here that is causing a lot of problems. It might not have been the food at all but that doesn’t make the throwing up any better! Hope your feeling better soon.

I’m on the south side of Indy. It looks like you are correct. The host’s son just got sick today and he was not there and didn’t eat any of the food so it must be a stomach bug.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 08:36:57 AM »
Oh damn dude, that sucks. hope everyone gets better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 08:50:21 AM »
Sorry to hear about the aftermath. That roast looks great, I think I would take my chances with it!
May The Smoke Be With You!