Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cold smoking cheese  (Read 3904 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Cold smoking cheese
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 09:28:50 AM »
Does the smoker tube generate any heat?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I've found it raises the grill to about 20-25 degrees (F) above ambient temperature.  I don't use any ice as long as it's lower than 50 outside.  Between 50-55 I run a probe in the grill with now ice, then add ice if if the grill starts approaching 80.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2018, 05:27:08 PM »
Smoked some cheese finally! Mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, havarti, gruyere, and gouda. Did it in the 18 wsm with the amazen smoker tube full of apple pellets. Smoked for about 5 hours, flipping half way through. Divided everything up into 3rds and vacuum sealed it up. Can't wait to give them a try in a couple weeks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2018, 02:54:49 AM »
Once it cools off you can do Cream Cheese, Butter, Goat cheese and others.  I use a home built Amazin Pellet tray and use my gas smoker cabinet.  Could use a cardboard box, but smoker has shelves.  Pepper Jack is a favorite.  I usually smoke this when temps are under 50*F.  With butter the colder the better.  Cook veg in EVOO and finish with a pat of smoked butter.  Use cream cheese with smoked salmon and Mac and cheese.  Vac pac and wait at least 2 wks.  I go a month.  Enjoy!!!
Burnin' Charcoal and Black Powder