Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Asians  (Read 12206 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: WKC Asians
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 10:31:01 PM »
Good tips, Joe! I absolutely love some -but not all- Korean food. I’m think the clear and white bone soups are ok, but I don’t find them that satisfying as a stand-alone meal. There’s a Koreatown in Oakland that has amazing food. Everything from jjampong, jajangmyun, mandoo, soondoobu, jap chae, gomtang, dokkbuki, gamjatang, you name it. The local missing link for me is bo ssam. I haven’t found a great one around here.

My wife made Galbijjim, braised short rib for the uninitiated, in the instant pot tonight. Stupid easy and stupid delicious.

https://www.koreanbapsang.com/2011/10/galbijjim-korean-braised-beef-short.html

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Antisven84

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 11:19:55 PM »
I’m half Filipino if that counts

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 11:37:01 PM »
gummi, they all sound great, wish I was there to join you for dinner :)    Eugene is a small scale town and only has two "real" Korean restaurants.  My favorite closed recently :(

Mr. Lee made the best and spiciest JJampong I've ever tasted.   I always ordered it with extra squid, white rice, and Kimchee, yummmm.

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 04:35:40 PM »
gummi, they all sound great, wish I was there to join you for dinner :)    Eugene is a small scale town and only has two "real" Korean restaurants.  My favorite closed recently :(

Mr. Lee made the best and spiciest JJampong I've ever tasted.   I always ordered it with extra squid, white rice, and Kimchee, yummmm.

SJ

We should do a group cook! I can hook y’all up with the ingredients if necessary.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 05:24:53 PM »

SJ

We should do a group cook! I can hook y’all up with the ingredients if necessary.
Did someone say Korean food?  I’m in. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 06:00:29 PM »
I cook a lot of Korean I inspired foods. It's my most consistent twist on any recipe,  but I make banchan and different meat dishes regularly.  Bibimbap is a great meal for leftovers!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 06:01:47 PM »
I cook a lot of Korean I inspired foods. It's my most consistent twist on any recipe,  but I make banchan and different meat dishes regularly.  Bibimbap is a great meal for leftovers!

Give some examples and pics! Gochujang  :-*

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2017, 01:26:47 PM »
I am married to a Korean, for 40 plus years, love Korean food, especially there street food when we visit Seoul.
We also like many other Asian foods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2017, 10:31:08 PM »
Hey guys,  I made Mrs SJ one of her favorites tonight  ...  Thai Yellow Curry w/ Chicken.  Thought I'd send out a pic to make y'all hungry :)

@HoosierKettle  @pbe gummi bear

Thai Yellow Curry

Hoosier, I made this a while back.  It's Stir fry with Veggies and Shrimp.  I used the method I mentioned earlier, give it a try it's great tasting.

SJ

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2017, 03:51:56 AM »

These were particularly fun little chicken sliders with bulgogi style chicken breast strips.  I cook a fair amount of gochujang glazed wings and kalbi.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2017, 05:14:48 PM »
Korean spicy pork, Wok station:

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2017, 04:25:47 AM »
I'm Vietnamese and my wife is Korean. My mouth is watering reading about all this Asian food haha

Please share more of your Korean inspired cooks as you do them! I would love to make food like this.

These were particularly fun little chicken sliders with bulgogi style chicken breast strips.  I cook a fair amount of gochujang glazed wings and kalbi.

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#ChrisO

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2017, 10:22:57 AM »
My girl and i are regularly  going out for Peking duck. It would be nice to make a good duck myself on the WSM / kettle. Since I can’t find a recipe to our liking I was hoping any of you have one and would be so kind to share it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2018, 09:02:42 PM »
My girl and i are regularly  going out for Peking duck. It would be nice to make a good duck myself on the WSM / kettle. Since I can’t find a recipe to our liking I was hoping any of you have one and would be so kind to share it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Don't want to discourage you but i have many Chinese friends, families and acquaintances but none of them even bother attempting to make peking duck. According to them it's just too time consuming and complicated process.  More like a 3-day process. Another issue is sourcing the proper type of a duck...a specific breed and age. That's why many Chinese restaurants require a 1 day reservation for peking duck. The only ones that have it regularly are those that specialize in it.
Chinese roast duck is a much more manageable to replicate.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2018, 10:06:04 PM »
@#ChrisO   Try this YouTube link   ...   it will get you in the ball park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyjSPg3Bzz0

SJ