Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Fake WSM: Matco Blue Ridge Smoker Grill, model MTCSMOKER  (Read 3464 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Fake WSM: Matco Blue Ridge Smoker Grill, model MTCSMOKER
« on: November 10, 2017, 04:38:37 AM »
This is one of the more blatant Weber ripoffs I've seen, and from a company that should know better. Are these the kinds of ideas that result from always chasing Snap-On?

Even the handle is curved handle like the ones Webers used to have just before today's gray handles.

catalog, https://www.matcotools.com/ecatalog/preview/#/item/MTCSMOKER

images are from a listing near-ish me

Supposedly porcelain enamel, but look at that matte finish.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: Fake WSM: Matco Blue Ridge Smoker Grill, model MTCSMOKER
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 05:30:06 AM »
Come on A-D-S,

It's not a "fake" WSM. It's a REAL Matco Tools smoker ;)

Seriously, that is very similar. Lawsuit similar? They even named it after a different set of "mountains!?!"

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 06:37:21 AM »
Come on A-D-S,

It's not a "fake" WSM. It's a REAL Matco Tools smoker ;)

Seriously, that is very similar. Lawsuit similar? They even named it after a different set of "mountains!?!"
Sure did and the blue ridge mountains is right next to the smokies. Total rip  off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 04:24:54 AM »
Mod #1: drill out the rivets to remove that Matco label, and shorten the lid handle. Reason: so people won't be able to tell from a distance that you bought an inferior imitation just to save a few bucks. It's ironic that Matco would probably be the first to argue that buying tools that "look just like Matco, but cheaper" is a very bad idea. :)