Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: model number  (Read 2031 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
model number
« on: November 07, 2017, 07:34:53 AM »
Anybody recognize model number 441970 18 ots It seems like it may be a logo?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: model number
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:11:55 AM »
Usually If you have never seen it before it's most likely a logo of some sort. If it's a good deal and it's bnib grab it and hold onto it to re sell next season

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:20:59 AM »
441971 is a black Sam Adams 18 ots if that helps at all. 
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:34:46 AM »
I wish we had a database, just like we have one for the SJs.  I find that really interesting
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:26:21 AM »
I wish we had a database, just like we have one for the SJs.  I find that really interesting

I was amazed to find the list of smokey joes since I never could find anything for kettles in general.   This past week alone I could've used a nice comprehensive list of model numbers!

I'm also always curious to know when Weber changed their packaging.  I often see grills in boxes (not necessarily new but still with a box) which are marked with the old "bar b kettle" as opposed to "original premium kettle" or whatever it is they say currently.  Anyone know when they changed that aspect of it all?
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 01:31:53 PM »
I'm trying, but it's hard because it seems logos are often won or if you spend a certain amount somewhere you get one for free. I got my kraft bnib before I knew about all of this I'm so mad at myself for ditching the box and everything. But I have a few numbers saved in my phone. 441975 is a Budweiser 18. So I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's a beer one. Would be awesome if it was a bud light carne asada

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »

I'm trying, but it's hard because it seems logos are often won or if you spend a certain amount somewhere you get one for free. I got my kraft bnib before I knew about all of this I'm so mad at myself for ditching the box and everything. But I have a few numbers saved in my phone. 441975 is a Budweiser 18. So I'm gonna guess it's maybe a copper Sam Adams

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 01:33:50 PM »
^ lol I thought I hit edit, guess I just replied to myself...

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 01:49:47 PM »
it's hard because it seems logos are often won or if you spend a certain amount somewhere you get one for free.

I think thats why a nice list would help.  When people "win" one of these logo grills they often never wanted it and eventually sell it.  Then they dont really know what they even have!  I got screwed by that recently.  Saw a BNIB kettle pop up on craigslist and it had a unique number.  I found one old post on this site referencing it (it was 1248998) and said it could be a blue sam adams.  I'm a huge Sam Adams fan so I was hopeful it might be and I started another thread here asking for info.  General consensus (you guys are all awesome by the way!) was that at the very least it was something other than a standard black 18" kettle.  But before I got any responses I had the audacity to ask the seller if it might be a blue sam adams grill.  She got all pissy with me and said it was obviously a regular black kettle just like the picture on the box. So I lost out on it as she then refused to respond to me.   Fast forward a week, and the same exact grill shows up on Ebay (I actually just wont the auction) and there is a slightly better picture of the box with that model number....and underneath it clearly said "18" orig kettle dk blue sam adams".

Cliff's notes:  Sometimes people are idiots and cant read fine print; so a nice comprehensive list of model numbers might help those of us with weberitis!

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 02:02:06 PM »
Would be awesome if it was a bud light carne asada

Word on the street is that the Bud Light Carne Asada is model no. 1248999
Drew Z.
Ivory SSP, A-Code CGA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, Snap On GA,  3-burner Genny Jr., Pat. Pending Aristocrat, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, S-320, GGA

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »

Will be documented [emoji2]

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 06:13:59 PM »

Will be documented [emoji2]
Text @ 419-619-6379

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 06:14:22 PM »
Just sold on eBay

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Text @ 419-619-6379

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »
18 dark blue Sam Adams

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Text @ 419-619-6379

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 06:46:40 AM »
Thats the ebay auction I won @GrillGuyMosier .  Its 1248998.  The others were talking about a 1248999 potentially being the bud light carne asada.