Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: If I could only have 1  (Read 6608 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: If I could only have 1
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 06:54:00 AM »
I've seen that double kettle on another forum.  I likes.

I’ve seen it in back yard👍 Ever since I finished it.

Maybe he saw it elsewhere because you didn't use Photobucket elsewhere? http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-custom-one-touch-platinum-dual-***-done!!!-32316-)-***/msg213088/#msg213088  :D

I know, I know, we've all essentially lost many an image in that God-forsaken hole.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2017, 08:12:12 AM »
I follow Phil on YouTube. Interesting what he is doing but I would recommend a 26 over the WSM and if it is within one's budget and not blasphemy then the Summit Charcoal could also do the trick.

I've placed my kettle lid on the WSM bowl and it looks pretty cool as a squatty, two-tone kettle but i question how well the air flow works with the vents where they are on a WSM versus a kettle.

Anyway, Phil also has a stick burner that he has shoved into a corner because he is doing most (all) of his cooks on the WSM.

One thing I did was I used the GBS grate out of my performer on the lower rack of the WSM 22 and used the cast iron wok down inside to make a slow cooked chili sauce. Sort of like a calderon.

YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2017, 08:13:51 AM »
"I'd rather spend the few bucks on a Cajun bandit stacker and turn a kettle into a "WSM" than the other way around"

^^
THIS!!!  All day Long...

Yes, this (he says retrospectively).
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 04:07:11 AM »
I've seen that double kettle on another forum.  I likes.

I’ve seen it in back yard👍 Ever since I finished it.

I didn't realize that was you!  Uhhhh, nice grill!  I've always thought that was a badass setup.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 04:01:33 AM »
@Bubblehead very heavy
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!