Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven # 6520  (Read 2535 times)

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven # 6520
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:01:04 PM »
This original Weber product was introduced to the public in Europe in late 2013 and for some reason, Weber has no intentions of releasing it in the US as far as I know at the present time. I know of many people that have been asking for this accessory but it doesn’t look like it will happen.

When it was introduced, there were a couple of Weber sites in the UK that would sell and ship this unit to the US but both of them no longer do this, The last one I heard about came from Germany thru the Germany Amazon site and was quite expensive. It is a real shame as it is one nice product and will make some great pizzas.

The two pieces in front of the oven are the protectors for the plastic handles on the Weber kettle. Keeps them from melting in this high temp pizza oven.

The hearth stone in this oven is about 15-1/2” in diameter so it can bake a nice sized pizza and in a very short time. Operators manual shows a low of about 6 minutes to a high of about 10 minutes per pie.

This was a two pizza bake with one Pizza Margherita type of pizza and one kinda loaded up pizza with some of the same ingredients.

The manual calls for a full Weber charcoal chimney full of hot ashed over charcoal briquets and then about 30 more cold briquets on top of this for about 10 pizzas or one hour of baking. (Now, old tightwad Dave only had two pizzas to bake so he didn’t add the 30 cold briquets to the top of the fire and the oven didn’t get as hot as I wanted on this bake). High was about 575 degrees on the hearth and I wanted about 700 degrees for my high temp pizzas. Still made a couple of nice pizzas at this lower temp.

My fire just before I added the Pizza Oven.

I let the pizza oven warm up for about 15 minutes.

Temperature got up to about 540 degrees and I loaded the first pizza.

This one baked about 10 minutes and came out nice.

The second one took a little less time at about 9 minutes.

Both pizzas were turned about 180 degrees at about the halfway mark into the bake or after about 5 minutes on the cooker.

I think if I would have used enough charcoal, they should have taken about 5-6 minutes each.

I thought they looked pretty good for my first attempt with this accessory.

Made a nice lunch.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven # 6520
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 01:05:20 PM »
Nice looking pies!  I want one of these suckers.  I don't need it, I have the KP and I just gave away a Pizza-Q.  That being said, I would like to have the Weber model. (now that I've calmed down about the LE red kettle fiasco)

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 05:10:41 PM »
Looks like they turned our great

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 05:48:29 AM »
Awesome.  I'd love to play around with one of these.  I think my Kettle Pizzas would still be my go to for making batches of pizzas, but this would be great for making one or two when I don't have a crowd.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 04:00:07 PM »
Cool concept!  Need to study this more.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson