Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first Q- A little grimy 200 but rust free grate and burner  (Read 5458 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: My first Q- A little grimy 200 but rust free grate and burner
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 02:28:25 PM »

I'm really looking forward to getting another one for the house.  I'll probably keep this one for the dock.
I’m sensing a new obsession.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 04:08:25 PM »
@captjoe06 is not obsessed merely driven
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 11:44:16 AM »
The only problem I've found with these (after gifting a bunch and flipping a few more)  is that the regulators are crap and really expensive to replace. IMHO they are very temperamental beasts, particularly with the adapter hose for 20 lb tanks

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 07:37:15 AM »
Love my weber Q's, they are the best gas grill for charcoal guys.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 07:47:12 AM »

I hate that I missed the $100 sale on the new ones a couple of weeks ago.   Trying to be patient to find a newer or new one at a good price but I'm jonesing.  Would love a blue one.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 08:29:55 AM »

I hate that I missed the $100 sale on the new ones a couple of weeks ago.   Trying to be patient to find a newer or new one at a good price but I'm jonesing.  Would love a blue one.
blue will match the colors of the house easier to justify with Kate?  ;D
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 03:26:43 PM »

blue will match the colors of the house easier to justify with Kate?  ;D
Kate’s the one who asked me to get her one[emoji2] so no need to have to justify[emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 10:33:58 AM »
The only problem I've found with these (after gifting a bunch and flipping a few more)  is that the regulators are crap and really expensive to replace. IMHO they are very temperamental beasts, particularly with the adapter hose for 20 lb tanks

Interesting thought. I did think these regulators fared any worse than the standard gasser ones. Maybe they are abused and left in the elements more? Or the smaller regulator is more finicky than a full size one?

@captjoe06, just powdercoat a q200 lid blue. It's relatively cheap to do so and the larger ones don't come in colors.

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 11:35:37 AM »

Interesting thought. I did think these regulators fared any worse than the standard gasser ones. Maybe they are abused and left in the elements more? Or the smaller regulator is more finicky than a full size one?

@captjoe06, just powdercoat a q200 lid blue. It's relatively cheap to do so and the larger ones don't come in colors.
Is there any trick to this, anyone done a video or post on it?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
I think he is saying to take it to a powder coat shop

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Spen1818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 07:49:20 PM »
I think that’s the 2200, same one I have.  I found a score, used 2200 with folding stand for $20.  I spent over an hour cleaning the sludge out, I used a composite wood shim.  I still have lots of cleaning to do but the grate was in good shape. 

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 01:01:14 AM »
@Spen1818 great find for $20.  There are so many times I'll randomly go for a burger and beer downtown with the wife and end up spending $70-$80 when all is said and done.  Then I think , Hmmm, if I went to the market and got a bunch of awesome ingredients we could have eaten so much better at home and I could have used that extra money saved on another kettle.  :)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 05:39:18 AM »
Spen1818, yours looks more like a Q220 (mechanical igniter) with a Q2200's lid handle installed upside down (the "Q" is upside down.)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Spen1818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 01:52:38 PM »
Nice catch.  The handle is upside down (I didn’t put together :)   ) I guess I never really looked at model. The igniter is a POS and really does not work. 

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 02:38:38 PM »
When I had my Q300 I bought a few parts intended for a Q3200, to convert it to electric start. Not the cheapest solution, but the swankiest.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch