Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber 6520 pizza oven attachment - who has one?  (Read 3759 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Weber 6520 pizza oven attachment - who has one?
« on: November 08, 2017, 08:33:29 AM »
I'm trying to help out someone in Europe with deciding on a pizza attachment.  Shipping for the Kettle Pizza to EU is almost $200.  Does anyone have the Weber pizza oven attachment?  If you do, how long does it take you to cook a pizza?  Does it get up to 800-1000 degrees like the kettle pizza or pizzaque does?

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber 6520 pizza oven attachment - who has one?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 09:30:09 AM »
@Scott Zee has one I believe
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 12:48:19 PM »
I'm trying to help out someone in Europe with deciding on a pizza attachment.  Shipping for the Kettle Pizza to EU is almost $200.  Does anyone have the Weber pizza oven attachment?  If you do, how long does it take you to cook a pizza?  Does it get up to 800-1000 degrees like the kettle pizza or pizzaque does?

Hey Mike, I do have one of these. I haven't tried to get it that hot. 650-700 is about the hottest I've had it.  I'm sure I could get it hotter if I added more wood. I did 16 pizzas in 2 hours at my brothers over the summer. I went thru a full bag of Cowboy lump along with a few small splits of oak. I like it more than my kettlepizza.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »
Here was my set up at the party, using the bottom of a WSM. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 01:59:01 PM »
For info, Kettle pizza is available on amazon in many european countries.

There are also other brands selling pizza rings such as moesta bbq in germany and webbq in Italy.

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:45:14 PM »
I just got one (used) but haven't had a chance to try it. I was told that it would reach those very high temperatures and bake a pizza in just a few minutes.

There is few videos on you tube with some information on this pizza oven.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 05:52:23 AM »
Scott, that's a neat looking setup. I remember the enthusiasm around here when it became available as a trial run at a few North American Ace stores. But I don't recall very many direct comparisons to the KettlePizza, so thanks for that comment.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 06:02:44 AM »
I have the PizzaQue.  I think it was only $60ish on Amazon.  Gets up to 700 degrees easily. Throws out some NICE pies.   Haven't used the Kettleque to compare, but can't imagine it's over $100 better.
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie