Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: DIY Home Made Slow n sear  (Read 13438 times)

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
DIY Home Made Slow n sear
« on: October 25, 2017, 12:35:18 PM »
Here it is just finished :

Not as shiny for sure :) but who cares it will only hold charcoal :)

Hope to test it next week end ...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:34:43 PM by The_Masteres »

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
Re: DIY Home Made Slow n sear
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 12:37:39 PM »
Do you see the picture ? It does not show in my browser ... i did copy past as explained in the forum share link.

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »
Do you see the picture ? It does not show in my browser ... i did copy past as explained in the forum share link.
I see only 1 picture of the finished slow n sear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 12:49:41 PM »
Dob't use photobucket. They now want $300/yr or something to hot link images, and the service still sucks.

We are fortunate to have our own image hosting here at the WKC. Create a new account here -> http://pics.weberkettleclub.com

Choose any username you want; it's not tied into your forum account.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:53:06 PM by addicted-to-smoke »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 12:55:06 PM »
Dob't use photobucket. They now want $300/yr or something to hot link images, and the service still sucks.

We are fortunate to have our own image hosting here at the WKC. Create a new account here -> http://pics.weberkettleclub.com

Thanks ! I'll do that :)

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 01:02:54 PM »

Thanks ! I'll do that :)

I don't know how you see the pictures now but it apears in a very big format in my browser ... Let me know if its ok :)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 01:30:54 PM »
I don't know how you see the pictures now but it apears in a very big format in my browser ... Let me know if its ok :)

However you see them, is however we'd see them at any given point in time. So just refresh the page if unsure. For example, as I type this you still have one photobucket image in your post. The other two are rendering just fine, not too large, with links back to originals.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 01:55:51 PM »
Thx, done.

I made it bigger in order to hold more charcoal and water and hopefully last for very long cooks.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 03:04:12 PM »
holy moses
that looks intense!!

how long did it take you?
Is it working well?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 05:20:05 PM »
Nice job getting the proper kettle slope into the shape, also!

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 05:25:13 PM »
Nice job getting the proper kettle slope into the shape, also!
I was thinking the same thing, that's a tricky curve to figure out! Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 02:48:12 AM »
Thx guys :) I did my best to make it as close to the original as possible,. Its is made of galvanized steel to avoid rust, and the piece is quiet heavy.

I did not try it yet, but plan on doing a first test without meat to train/check the temperture controle first, maybe on saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 03:35:47 AM »
Is galvanized steel safe ? Always heard it wasn’t at high heat ? Good job on the mod. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 04:44:40 AM »
Is galvanized steel safe ? Always heard it wasn’t at high heat ? Good job on the mod. 

Many thanks for your comment ! To be honest I am not sure if it is "galvanized", the metal supplier told me it will not rust and that it is the metal used to make bread ovens so I concluded it was galvanized metal which I was not aware of the dangerousity ... I need to investigate this issue seriously before cooking anything in it :)

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 04:48:03 AM »
Please do. Galvanized has zinc which makes a toxic fume. This is what I’ve always been told.