Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another Estate Sale Find  (Read 4709 times)

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Re: Another Estate Sale Find
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2017, 08:44:55 AM »
Oh that sucks. Sorry man, been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »
That’s crazy. A deal is a deal. No matter who was in trouble, they should have pulled the item. Especially since you had paid. That’s hard to believe really.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »
Bummer Brett but this is just another reason not to post till it's in the vehicle.  We've all had one scooped out from under us. Only took me one time to learn...lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lesson learned, trust me.

Bigmac

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2017, 11:54:33 AM »
Sounds like they owe you $60 seeing as how you had already bought it! Did they already have have your money? If so threaten to call the police and see what they say.
I remember yrs ago I stopped to look at a go cart that needed some work, I offered $100 and they said they would take it. Told them I would be back the next day with cash to get it,when I got there they said they were selling it to someone else who offered $150.Well whoever it was must have never come back cause it sat in that yard for months,and I just honked and waved every time I drove by!
I never forgot that and if it’s something I want bad I go right then with cash in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:11:53 PM by Bigmac »

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 02:42:35 PM »
Sounds like they owe you $60 seeing as how you had already bought it! Did they already have have your money? If so threaten to call the police and see what they say.
I remember yrs ago I stopped to look at a go cart that needed some work, I offered $100 and they said they would take it. Told them I would be back the next day with cash to get it,when I got there they said they were selling it to someone else who offered $150.Well whoever it was must have never come back cause it sat in that yard for months,and I just honked and waved every time I drove by!
I never forgot that and if it’s something I want bad I go right then with cash in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

They did already have my money and they did return it.  I wanted to call him and make a big stink about it but he told my wife he would keep my number so if he finds any other kettles he would call me.  I kind of laugh about it because if he could not sell this one to be before the sale started what is he going to do next time, the same thing.  Oh well, cant win them all.  Hopefully some good kettle karma will come my way at some point. 

Bigmac

• WKC Brave
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 02:53:40 PM »
Good luck with the Karma. If it would’ve been me there would have been hell to pay!

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 06:40:33 PM »
well that's pure horseshit. eff that guy.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 05:01:12 AM »
Good luck with the Karma. If it would’ve been me there would have been hell to pay!

If I had gone there would have been a scene for sure, my wife is too nice to start any trouble. 

Bigmac

• WKC Brave
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 04:44:38 PM »
Changing the subject,does your forum name refer to you having a 79 Jeep? I have an 81 cj7 that I’ve owned for almost 30 years. I don’t drive it much anymore,but will probably never sell it.

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 07:53:46 PM »
Changing the subject,does your forum name refer to you having a 79 Jeep? I have an 81 cj7 that I’ve owned for almost 30 years. I don’t drive it much anymore,but will probably never sell it.

I had a 79 CJ7 back in the day when my internet days first got started.  I needed a name for my AOL account so Jeepin79 is what I came up with at the time.  I sold the Jeep when I did not have the money to give it the love it deserved.  I still miss it and would one day like to get another one.  They are a lot of fun.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2017, 06:52:56 AM »
Man that sucks! Sorry to hear that. That was a nice yellow too!

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2017, 06:59:15 AM »
If you are suffering from Weberitis, I think all of us have experienced this before.
It's hard not to post these kinds of things. We are excited and want to share it with the WKC family. Hopefully, for you, there won't be a next time. People can be strange.