Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Am I in the right section?  (Read 1883 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Am I in the right section?
« on: October 02, 2017, 05:16:48 PM »
Watch out fella’s. I just became a member of the gas grill crew, I’ll be blowing up the post count!
Just kidding, I’ll spare ya.

The Mrs. has been expressing interest in a gasser lately and I have considered it for sides so I’m not running in and out of the house between the kettle and the stove, so when this popped up locally today for cheap, I was on it.
Spirit 310, don’t know the year, can someone point me in the right direction, no rust anywhere, everything works, no signs of ware. This was a like new grill! Also, came with a full bottle which was worth as much as I paid for the whole thing!
The guy was super friendly and lived in a college town so by time I was driving there classes were letting out and I about wrecked a thousand times! [emoji12] I couldn’t live there, lol.
Only issue I’ve found is where the handle mounts are for the Zav handles and how to adjust the vents? Any tips?!?!
Anyways, thought I’d share. Now, how do I find my way back home to the Kettle section??
See ya fella’s.

The brown you see in the bottom left corner is the original paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:19:09 PM by Travis »

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Am I in the right section?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »
SWEET, I just went to see Jon in bakersfield to pick up a Jr. that he agented for me... I use a gasser mostly for baked potatoes or using my cast iron skillet
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 05:27:13 AM »
Congrats!!!  Good job rounding out the Weber family.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 05:57:41 AM »
... and lived in a college town so by time I was driving there classes were letting out and I about wrecked a thousand times! [emoji12] I couldn’t live there, lol. ...

I went to college in a "college town." At first, it was all bewilderment, and then there was the schoolwork to also consider.

ProTip for the young dudes: Stay in school. After all, for 50 minutes of every hour, that's where the girls are. Duh.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 07:57:30 AM »
Nice score. Always try to keep the wife happy

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

gus9904

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 06:07:37 AM »
That was my first weber gas grill. Loved it! Mine was a 2009. The only problem mine had was the starter, I never replaced it. Good luck!

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 03:40:13 PM »
Nice score @Travis.  Looking at the photo of the base, I'd get on that rust ASAP to prevent it from becoming more of problem and rusting out the entire bottom pan.  Grab a rust converter of choice.  Rustoleum makes one.  My personal choice is a product called Ospho.   Most of the converters cause a chemical reaction that converts the rust from iron oxide to iron phospate.    After it's been converted, cover over with a rust preventer.  Easiest thing would be to hit with some durable paint.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 04:33:09 PM »
^ true story

the doors help lock in moisture
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 05:40:36 PM »
Thanks for tip on the rust prevention, guys. I’ll look into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk