Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Curry!!!!  (Read 1710 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Curry!!!!
« on: September 27, 2017, 06:27:23 PM »
In love Indian food or well to be more exact any type of curry dish from any culture. Went to target for a few things and decided tonight's the night

Sliced up some chicken, yellow bell pepper and onion. Let it simmer on the CI   skillit

Some sprouts on the side.

Microwaved some trader Joe's brown rice and it smells great

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Curry!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »
Looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:47:02 PM »
Wished the curry was a more prominent flavor but it was kinda dull. Still good but just eh. Nothing compared to home made curry from an Indian family

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 04:33:33 AM »
Looks yummy! I've always considering doing something like this with simmering a  CI on the grill. Did it add a smoky flavor to the curry?
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 05:36:56 AM »
I love curry great flavor
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 05:52:15 AM »
Looks great.  Skip the pre-mixed spices from Target and find yourself an Indian supermarket (or Caribbean supermarket) from which to source individual spices.  Then find yourself a copy of this cookbook.  I see a copy on eBay for less than $5, but I can’t vouch for the new revised edition. https://www.ebay.com/i/302396917579
... then posts your cooks back to us! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 07:02:23 AM »

Wished the curry was a more prominent flavor but it was kinda dull. Still good but just eh. Nothing compared to home made curry from an Indian family

Some of the best Indian curries are made from scratch/recipes like Charlie suggests.

I actually made Yellow Thai Curry last night. I typically use curry paste. They come in little cat food sized tins...Maesri brand. Next time you are in Concord, pop over to the 99 Ranch...they carry it. If you head into Walnut Creek/P Hill, pop into Diablo Oriental Foods on N Main...they carry it too.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 07:45:20 AM »
I am blessed with 2 awesome markets near me, Buford Highway farmers market has virtually every ethnic food ingredients under the sun. Love shopping there and the prices are phenomenal. And our Dekalb farmers market is just amazing as well. Even Charlie @Mr.CPHo knows about the Buford highway market and live 300 miles away.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 11:55:34 AM »

We love curry in my house!  Red, green, yellow, brown.....  I'll take them all, please.

This one  is my jam!  Plenty of curry flavor and a nice touch of heat.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 08:01:04 PM »

Some of the best Indian curries are made from scratch/recipes like Charlie suggests.

I actually made Yellow Thai Curry last night. I typically use curry paste. They come in little cat food sized tins...Maesri brand. Next time you are in Concord, pop over to the 99 Ranch...they carry it. If you head into Walnut Creek/P Hill, pop into Diablo Oriental Foods on N Main...they carry it too.

Huh I'll habe to look next time I go over there for bait. Ha ha I go there and buy squid or liver when I go fish on treasure island, it's right across the street from work (lexus of concord)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »

We love curry in my house!  Red, green, yellow, brown.....  I'll take them all, please.

This one  is my jam!  Plenty of curry flavor and a nice touch of heat.

Ill.have to look for that I LOVE spicy